GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old May 20th 2003, 10:30

a bevy of basic questions

Hi,

I thought about running a thread for each one but decided for better or worse against it.

(1) Is the top of a 1303 dash which tends to crack (at least on the cars I have seen for sale) considered a dash cover? Or are the dash covers I see for sale in catalogs something which goes over the top of the dash? Are there aftermarket options -- especially in fiberglass or carbon fiber?

(2) Can a new gas heater from Germany be fitted somewhat easily into a 1302 or 1303?

(3) If a car has pop-out rear quarter windows, can they be replaced with lexan and still retain their pop-out feature?

(4) Where can 1303 windshields be purchased? (This is a major stumbling block for Maryland inspections.)

(5) What are good roll bar options? Can Baja roll bars be used properly?

(6) I'm torn between ditching the rear seat for a more purposeful look as well as weight savings, and having the utility of a rear seat? Is there an option where one can have a removable or light-weight rear seat of some sort -- one where the seat would have belts and be safe for the occupants?

(7) There is a strong likelihood I will need to paint the car I purchase. What should be removed and/or prepared for this endeavor? Should the carbon fiber parts be installed first, or painted first and then installed?

Thanks,
René