GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Old July 21st 2003, 20:58

problem with California Import Parts

I am currently having some trouble with an order from these guys. I ordered some parts at the beginning of July and they just came last week. I wasn't surprised by the length of shipping time, but I was surprised the box was missing a part. I ordered the TorqueMeister, a front windshield seal for my oval, and the rear torsion bar adjuster. The adjuster was missing and now CIP refuses to accept that they made a mistake. If this was a small part, I could understand and almost forgive. However, for a $90 part that I cannot and will not give this up.

Has anyone else run into trouble with them? How was it resolved? What are my options to get this resolved?

thanks

My Blog
Please help me get a minimac
Parts I Need
1965 Beetle "Gordie", 1956 GL Beetle
Old July 21st 2003, 21:40

I never had a problem with them and I ordered quite a few items from them.

If you paid via VISA you can always call them. With that you can also proof that the item was paid for. Did you call immediately after you received the parcel?

Alex
Old July 21st 2003, 22:44
Superman

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman
I'm not too sure about that company, I ordered from them one time and they messed it all up and took three months to refund my money.
The quote is form another post. After several calls they finally mailed me a refund check with no explanation.
Old July 21st 2003, 23:16

We had a problem with the bearings we recieved with the disc brake kit. The sales guy was asked specifically if the bearings were name brand, because we didn't want cheap offshore crap.
They showed up and they were cheap crap. We sent an e-mail to the president of the company and explained the problem and told him we were not happy. He apologised, refunded our money, and paid the freight charges.
Old July 22nd 2003, 09:16
Administrator

Exclamation

I've never had a problem with them either .. check your bill, perhaps the parts are on back order ?

The last order I placed, they emailed me right away and told me they were out of stock on 1 item and they would take it off my order, and email me when the item was in stock again.

I'm happy with their level of customer support.

Sandeep
Old July 22nd 2003, 13:00

The invoice staed only one package was coming for my order. Everything was checked off as shipped and the package weight on the UPS label was 15 lbs. I weighed the box after they told me they shipped all three parts and it was only 8 lbs.

I had called several days after the box was signed for. I don't have packages shipped to my current address because it is a temporary one, so everything goes to my mother's since that won't be changing anytimme soon. Whenever I get a package, it is usually a few days before I can open it to check. I made the mistake of using a Visa check card (debit card) instead of a credit card. I'm not sure if I have any buyers protection through that.

This is the second time I've had a problem with them. The first time, I ordered left and right floor pans and was assured on the phone that I would not be charged for twice for an "oversized" shipping charge. When the invoice arrived, I had been charged the extra money. When I called, the salesman argued that the policy is to charge for each item. My arguement was that the floor pans were taped together to save time and effort by the person moving the oversized items around. The point of the extra charges are to compensate the company for the trouble of handling bigger parts. However, if they work it out so that they are only handling, in effect, one oversized item, then I should not have to pay twice. He finally gave in and refunded my money for the second floor pan.

My Blog
Please help me get a minimac
Parts I Need
1965 Beetle "Gordie", 1956 GL Beetle
Old July 22nd 2003, 13:33

In any area of consumer mail order things can easily go wrong and you are stuck trying to work it out with some moron. If I can I like to deal with a face at a local supplier or deal with a source that has MORE than just a good reputation. Aircooled.net for example not only has a good rep, but you almost have that "face" i'm refering to. John and Eric are active on the forums and are in touch with and feel a responsability to conduct business in an honorable fasion, as opposed to someone who "just works here".

Not that that helps you now, but for the future....

Ron