GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Old March 31st 2005, 04:25

Shoptalkforums Hacked Again.

DONT visit shoptalkforums if your at work at the mo.... Theres a VERY dodgy photo of 3 older gents on there.

They need to FIX shoptalkforums to prevent this happening... Its very annoying, and really limits my skiving at work!

Sam C
Raby 2270, B spec gearbox, Lots of carbon fibre, Wolfrace Octane Black 17x7.5, Goodyear Eagle F1's, Kerscher suspension front and rear, kamei airdam in carbon, corbeau seats, momo millunium steering wheel.
CDT eurosport 6.5 front speakers, IDMAX 12D2 sub, rockford old school amps.
Old March 31st 2005, 05:52

OMG enough to make you spew
Old March 31st 2005, 08:22

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON THERE?

Who got pissed off and keeps doing this crazy crap?

That has to be the worst hack I've seen on the STF!
Old March 31st 2005, 09:03

ok, that is just plain nasty. dodgy is a very polite tern there Sam. i hate to see that keep happening. sooner or later i fear the result is that he won't want to run the forum anymore since it is a side job.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old March 31st 2005, 09:17

So whos going to do the decent thing and take it off him?
For too long they have let security be the least important thing.

Either that or just make this forum more busy
Old March 31st 2005, 09:21

don't look at me. one is enough. this site is too focused on one style to ever compare with a site with a very broad approach like STF. i have debated about opening this site up some, but it would basically require a whole new face considering the name and all. the other thing i have been throwing around was splitting off an arm of this site for a water-cooled version of the German Look for all German marques. i requested photos from members here just to see how many cross lines, but only received a handful.

Old March 31st 2005, 09:39

I was browsing shoptalk when it started to happen, had a load of pages open and the last one I opened all the contents of the posts was 'Owned by XXX & YYY;Owned by XXX & YYY;Owned by XXX & YYY;etc etc etc' (cant rememeber the names)... All contents of posts when refreshed had changed to this.... I then tried to reload and the front was fine, went into a forum and all posts were fubar, then back to the main screen and it was like that
They are about 2 or 3 versions behind the current version... Just needs the forum software keeping up to date to prevent this happening as often.

Really sucks, as shoptalkforums is sooo good!

Cya,
Sam C
Raby 2270, B spec gearbox, Lots of carbon fibre, Wolfrace Octane Black 17x7.5, Goodyear Eagle F1's, Kerscher suspension front and rear, kamei airdam in carbon, corbeau seats, momo millunium steering wheel.
Old March 31st 2005, 09:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcat
DONT visit shoptalkforums if your at work at the mo.... Theres a VERY dodgy photo of 3 older gents on there.

They need to FIX shoptalkforums to prevent this happening... Its very annoying, and really limits my skiving at work!

Sam C
Too Late!!!!!! I hit the STF bookmark while at work this morning not expecting anything like that! FFS!!!!!
Old March 31st 2005, 10:10
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul
Too Late!!!!!! I hit the STF bookmark while at work this morning not expecting anything like that! FFS!!!!!
Yikes !

I checked it this morning before my visit here ... I know how much time Zen is spending with this site ... and he's only one man ... Alex and I had a hell of a time keeping up with forum upgrades to keep the site safe.

You would think STf ISP would help out in some way.

I'd like to thank Zen for the great job he has done to keep this site safe for all of us.

Sandeep
Old March 31st 2005, 10:49

Yup,

BIG thanks to Zen for all his hard work... Goes unnoticed until something goes wrong!
Old March 31st 2005, 11:32

it's all for the cause. certainly not for the money. i just have that undefinable need to make sure the German Look gets due recognition and helps keep the VW hobby alive.

i am starting a sponsor campaign in the next couple of days looking to bring some more on board so i can finally get to arranging some exciting contests and such here. just never seem to find the time to spend on that. i may also do a member donation drive as well to raise funds for some other cool stuff i have in mind for the site. gotta keep things moving to keep you guys interested enough to keep coming here.

by definition, a site like this must be parasitic. the more that feed it, the more can eat.

Old March 31st 2005, 11:38

VZi do a good thing with sponsorship. Once you have sponsored you get a bit under your name saying your a 'member sponsor', it then doubles the amount of PM's your allowed to 20, allows you to attach images rather than having to link them from offsite along with numerous other little extras.
Make sure people can pay by paypal or similar, then its easy to send some dosh over.

I for 1 would gladly pay something toward the upkeep... Gives me somewhere to go when I am stuck at work.

Cya,
Sam C
Old March 31st 2005, 11:53

i will look at enhancements for donators (is that a proper term?). i certainly like the idea of acknowledging those who have donated with a title on their account or something. i just have been trying to keep this site as open as possible so haven't wanted to block attachments and such.

i added a donation function to the main page a month or two ago. a few have found it. every few bucks definitely helps. it uses Paypal. all funds are directed back to the site and spent so i can avoid paying taxes on it.

Old March 31st 2005, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen
i added a donation function to the main page a month or two ago. a few have found it. every few bucks definitely helps. it uses Paypal. all funds are directed back to the site and spent so i can avoid paying taxes on it.

Found and donated

cya,
Sam C
Old March 31st 2005, 12:40

that sucks, I was on there last night and it was working fine. This is getting old.

Thank You Zen, I'm glad that never happens here.

I like the donation idea. I'll try to chip in a few bucks when you get it going, hard to spread money with a project.
'64 Ghia - Project!!-Subaru EJ20T, MS/EDIS, 993 brakes, 914 Tranny...