GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old June 21st 2006, 08:44

Front Beam and 7'' Rims

Hello
For the front of my bug im planning to run 7J by 16'' Fuch wheels, i believe these came in two different offsets. Not sure wot they are but ive been told there pritty 'bad'.
Im going to run 944 turbo brakes and dropped spindles, all of which pushes out the track. I want 2cm oversize wings, but may push to 4cm or even 2'' oversize if there needed. Just wondering how much to narrow the beam by?
Ive seen sum cars running 7Jx17 porsche cup rims with only a 2'' narrow beam. If i narrow it by 3'', will i be able to lower the car and get the wheels in the arches? If not and it involves silly size wings, im guessing i'll have to settle for 6''
Just i love the 'dish' if the 7''s
Any help would be great, as i dont really want to buy the wheels and wings and then find they wont fit! Cheers
Old June 29th 2006, 04:12

Moonska take a look at this site, http://members.rennlist.com/911pcars/WheelWts.html

Thier is a lot of great info on this site with some links at the bottem that might help you figure out whether or not the wheels will fit with a 2" cut at the tube. You can get the wheel measurements off the website then go measure it on your car to see if it will fit. Hope this helps.

1957 Rag Top
1970 Std Bettle
Old June 29th 2006, 19:23

have you checked caliper clearance? i would have to look around on the site to be sure, but i don't recall 16" fuchs being able to clear 951 calipers.

on the note of the offset...i don't think the fuch offsets on a 7" are going to allow you to keep them under the fenders. if i recall, most 16x7 fuchs are a 23 offset. i'm just not sure how much you would have to pull the beam in for that. check with BillK on here or maybe he will jump in. he is running 16" fuchs on a 70 standard. they are 6" front, but it may still be of a help.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design