GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Electrical

Old May 28th 2006, 07:08

Grant steering wheels

I have been doing some searching this morning all over the Internet on Grant steering wheels. There is one in particular I think would fit in with the general theme of my car -- it has modern attributes but it doesn't bop you in the nose with a modern or racing look. (That's for my next car.)

What experiences do you know about dealing with Grant steering wheels?

I am asking it this way because I have read 10% bad things and 90% good things, and most of the bad things are usually couched with some vague "I had heard ..." or "I had read ..." type of stuff. In fact, the one bad thing I had read was by someone who found the remedy through a longer steering adaptor hub and is still using his Grant steering wheel in his bug.
Old May 28th 2006, 07:35

grant makes some nice steering wheels... but I think they like that unique feel to them.... I had one in my old car and I have a couple of buddies with em in there cars .. there cool wheels but they seem pretty generic but if it fits your theme and compliments what your doing.... and most of all you like it.. then go for it... hmm i tihkn i'm rambling because its 4:30 am.... damn you german look you have my addicted!!!
Old May 29th 2006, 10:09

My wheel is not a Grant but my adaptor is. The adaptor was very easy to install and the material and wormanship is great. You have to reuse the horn ring from the backside of your factory steering wheel. Just unscrew the three attachment screws and the old ring is a direct bolt on to the adaptor. This was a nice change from past experiences with aftermarket wheels. Most of the time I had to pray to the horn god to get the thing to blow! Not with this one.
Do yourself a favor though...Get yourself a wheel with a center opening for a horn button so you can bolt on the wheel before tightening the steering shaft nut. You need something to use for leverage. And sticking a prybar in the works is very cumbersome.

If cost isn't an issue.....here's a link. MOMO wheels are awesome and when I hit the Lotto or my inheritence come in....... Seriously, they offer some nice wheels that have a clean (Non-race) look!
http://www.momo.it/accessories.html
Old May 29th 2006, 17:28

You are right! MOMO wheels are very nice and high quality products! I have the "millenium" steering wheel..I like it very much, it's a very good size + it's elegant but gives a race look to the car at the same time. My only problem is that in Europe it's a very popular wheel..and I like uniqe things..but if everything goes right, mine will be a bit different from the others
Old May 30th 2006, 09:07

Thanks for the answers, guys.

There is a MOMO I had in mind when I was going to do a full-on German Looker with a 1303. I have it stuffed away in my 1303 file for the day I get one. (My home renovations prevent an easy look-up for the model.)

I will check the link as soon as I catch up here. I don't remember if I looked at them for my 1302. I may have assumed they were racing wheels only.

As for pricey, the Grant I want is shockingly expensive. Hence, this extra inquiry. I doubt any MOMO is ... ah, never mind. I've been wrong too often lately to make a blanket statement of any kind. Maybe I will post a pic of the Grant if I can remember.
Old May 30th 2006, 13:25

Be patient if you decide to buy a MOMO product, because the whole company is moving from Italy to France, and actually it's not so easy to order anything from them. This is my steering wheel (at the moment )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MOMO Millenium.jpg (18.6 KB, 59 views)