GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 30th 2004, 00:19

Thumbs up Most Reliable Power per Dollar Spent!?

I'm a newbie to aircooleds. I've posted and done all sorts of reading in the brake and suspension forums.

The car I'm looking to get has three inch wider fenders on it. That's a lotta TIRE! I need something that makes good use of the traction!

I am capable of doing some fab work to put in a SIMPLE watercooled option.

I'm looking for something FUN!!!! That I can be competitive with on the track (no one races SB's here) I want something that will leave Mustang GT's (stock or lightly modified and that class sports car) And something were the corvette and viper owner isn't careful he gets walked on too! but if he's good he sais..wow..look at that thing it still in my rear view mirror! Reliable is also a good thing..

What should I do?

Type 4 (www.aircooledtechnology.net is the only guys I know of.. any good?)

Rotory (most have about 100hp stock just like the Type 4's except the 93+, 87-91 Turbos, Series IV, and GSL-LE) Worth it? I'd imagine in the relm of type 4 vs Rotory 100HP that the 4 might be easier and cheaper but to get more HP factory with the rotory might be better??

What about the Alright, so I bought how to make your car handle. And I've learned a bunch. What I want is a nice firm ride not painful or bone jaring. Mabey slightly lowered in the rear, a lil more in the front mabey (helps weight transfer too!) What is the best way to do it? IE what rear stuff to use and what front stuff do I use? the control arms MUST remain paralell to the ground!

What about the Subaru engines? don't know much about them?

Type 1's (I don't know where to get type 4 parts if I were to sheer build my own and not as a kit. Do they use type 1 parts? That may or may not give a type 1 a sheer cost advantage not having to pay somone for their design and trial time.. but bad if it fails..)

I do have a VR6 engine I'm looking to sell.. Can I put that in? lol