GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Old November 6th 2004, 22:21

Unhappy Sad News

Unfortunately I lost my beloved English Bulldog on the 24th of Oct 2004.
His name was Max and died from cardial arrest while been asleep at the age of 8 years old. God Im going to miss him.

I just wanted to share this with you guys...
I dont know how many of you have pets or like animals...
This is going to be a big set-back on my project. At the moment im trying to "forget" about it by thinking of my car, but I still cant...

thanx for the understanding

Chris

1973 1303 going towards GL
Old November 6th 2004, 22:38

Chris

Im so sorry to hear that.

Until 3 years ago, I had never owned a dog. But now I have a 3 year old Chihuahua. His name is Max also. I almost lost him when he was 6 months old. He was dropped on his head by my wife at the time. It took him another 6 months to recover from it. After that incident, I started to think what it would be like if he died and I realized how much I would miss him. Even to this day, It bothers me to think about losing him one day.

'I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol!'

'67 Sunroof Notchback * '68 FI Squareback
Old November 6th 2004, 22:55

Thanx for the reply vujade
the most sad thing about my Max is that I was away and still Im away from home since im studying in London. My mother took him to our country house where he will always be with us and came all the way from Athens to tell me about it.

when he was 2 years old he swallowed a spherical cupboard handle, he had an open stomach operation which lasted 2 hours about 90 stiches total, which about 70 internal, took him about 6 months to recover and start gaining serious weight again, and all this when our vet and his surgeon said that there wasnt any other treatment to make his stomach get back to normal, so I fed him every 4 hours boiled chicken for 6 months.

Atleast he reached the average lifetime for bullies so I know that I offered him a great life... as he did for me those 8 wonderfuly magnificent years we spent together

Thanx

Chris

Old November 7th 2004, 04:32

I am sorry to hear that. I had my pet too, just a little bowl of goldfish. They say fishes are the easiest pet coz they won't walk away and they won't pee everywhere. Not true. One of my goldfishes actually jumped out of the bowl, and I was just in time in rescuing him.

Nonetheless, they are short-live animal. They lasted about a year, and one afternoon when I came home I saw the last one turned up side down. I was so said that when I buried him in the backyard I was crying. There is too much attachment, even though they are just little fishes.

And, because of that, I said to myself that I will never have any pet anymore. Now that I am in the states by myself I am tempted to have a pet. Even just fishes would be good. But I just don't want to deal with that anymore.....

I hope that your car, which, in a sense is a pet too, will make you feel better.....

Yours,
Thomas
Old November 7th 2004, 09:10
Administrator

Sorry about your pet. In our house we have 4 dogs and many cats. I think the best way to help get over the loss of your dog is to get another dog. Training and getting to know a new pet will give you somthing else to think about.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old November 7th 2004, 15:10

Sorry to hear about your loss, I had to put my dog Max to sleep a few months ago. We found her as a stray when she walked into our backyard about 7 years ago and we figured she was about 10 years old then. She was blind and deaf by the time she died and I had to hand feed her for the last 6 months of her life. One night after yet another siezure it was decided that it was cruel to the dog to keep her around because we were too attached and that it was best for her to go. That was the hardest decision I have ever made in my life and I mean that.
www.volksport.net Volksport Kfer Gruppe
Old November 7th 2004, 18:25

A few weeks back my Old English Sheepdog, Bessie, died from Bilateral pneumothorax. Only 8 years old too. Left a big hole in the family/house so a few days after she died we went and got another Old English Sheepdog! Murphy:

Only 4 months old and already weighs over 20kg, hes the son of THE dulux dog! What a claim to fame.

I miss Bessie, but she was happy her whole life and there was nothing we could do for her at the end, other than ease her pain.

Cya,
SAm C
Raby 2270, B spec gearbox, Lots of carbon fibre, Wolfrace Octane Black 17x7.5, Goodyear Eagle F1's, Kerscher suspension front and rear, kamei airdam in carbon, corbeau seats, momo millunium steering wheel.
CDT eurosport 6.5 front speakers, IDMAX 12D2 sub, rockford old school amps.
Old November 7th 2004, 20:46

Thanx for the support guys
sometimes the best thing is the hardest to do and you can and will do it if you trully love your pet.

Im thinking of getting another puppy but I cant right now. I have to finish first with studying abroad and when I settle back in Greece Ill get another one.

I would really like to Live at my family's country house though...
Built on the sea shore you are at the side of a small gulf with mountains all around you except the western side so you see the sun setting in the sea,
90 kms from Athens through nice twisty mountain road
and i got much space there to anything I want on my car and enough space for 4 big dogs running around and guarding my bug...lol

Chris

Old November 9th 2004, 10:59

I have stared at this post for 20-30 minutes mentally composing what I wanted to say, then trying to edit it given my propensity to be long-winded. So all I will say is I have gone through the emotional trauma of scheduling the putting down of my Dalmatian, Topspin, twice (three times if one includes the original misdiagnosis) -- and it hasn't gotten easier, and I'm sure it won't be easier when it actually happens. My best wishes are with you.
Old November 9th 2004, 16:23

Thanx oasis and all of you guys for the support

Chris