GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Clubs From Around The World > VolkSport Käfer Gruppe

Old January 29th 2007, 20:45
Administrator

Silver Dollar Showdown Help Needed

I'm not sure how many are going to this event Sun. March 11th, but Kathy asked me if any of us could help them out with the "Car Show" part of the event. She normaly makes sure that the help gets in free. If anyone is going to go to this one and would like to help out, we should do a club chat and have Kathy join us. She does alot for our hobby and I always try to help her out anytime I can.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old January 29th 2007, 22:21

I'll be there, but with wife, and rugrats in tow. Can help an hour here, or there maybe.

1962 SC 1776cc SP 944NA brakes, 993 wheels

VKG
Old January 30th 2007, 12:06

i still havent decided if im gonna go or not. i would really like to help out if i go. i told kathy at bugfair i would go if she put my car on the trophies or shirts this year dont get me wrong i would rather have a shirt with NOH's car than a trophy with the BK cars on it. all kidding aside i really want to go. let us know when the chat session is and i will try to be there.
Old January 30th 2007, 14:01

I don't think Jake and I will make it to this one. He and Len are racing in Rockingham the weekend before and it's hard to be away 2 weekends in a row...especially during tax season. We'll just have to play it by ear.
"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill today because they pissed me off!"

Beth Raby
Old January 30th 2007, 21:29

Thumbs down

We won't be there.
Old January 31st 2007, 22:52

On the same note, is anyone going to the BKC dyno day?

http://bkcruizers.com/forums/viewtop...d8c83cc24cbc5e

Just wondering if the VKG T4 posse will lay some heat to the rollers
'96 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 6.5L Diesel
'99 GMC Suburban 6.5L Diesel
VolkSport Kafer Gruppe
Old January 31st 2007, 23:48
Administrator

Keep up Pillow. Most of use will not be going to that show due to one of the BKC folks showing there @$$ to us concerning this event. (I bet you can guess which one).
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old February 1st 2007, 21:41

Gotcha, I thought it might be that we were just not going to be part of the sponsorship this year. I did not realize it was a total boycott in effect.

Cool with me.
'96 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 6.5L Diesel
'99 GMC Suburban 6.5L Diesel
VolkSport Kafer Gruppe
Old February 2nd 2007, 14:45

You know, I thought we got over this. Talk about childish crap!

The BKC would NEVER boycott a local event. I can't believe yall are doing this, letting one person get to you like that. Take him for what he is and go on with it.

We need to forget about what went on and pull together and support ALL events we can or there will be less and less to go to.

The BKC will support any event yall have like we have in the past no matter what. Hell, I paid to dyno at the FL. event just to support what was going on that day,AND DID NOT DYNO, didnt want to.

This hobby is more than just one person.

LD
Old February 2nd 2007, 17:22
Administrator

There is no boycot. Any VKG member who wants to attend the BKC Dyno Day can do so and the rest of us will not say a thing to them. In our metting to pick "Club Events" or events that we would make an extra effort to get together at, we didn't VOTE to slate the BKC Dyno Day as a "Club Event" for 2007. Every member had the opportunity to vote on the events they would like to get together at. I'm sure most members will attend events in their area that the rest of the members will not attend. That does not make them bad events, they just arent on the list of club events for 2007. When the 2007 Dyno Day was brought up in our meeting, it was not a popular topic and didn't make the list. That is not to say that some of our members can't go to it or will be frowned upon for going, we do not opperate that way. We do not bash anyone for going to or not going to events. In my case, I have 3 vacation days to use between now and June. I do not have weekends off the month of March so I must choose between going to the BCK Dyno Day and going to the first SCCA event that of the year with Jake & Len to support their new F-Production race effort. The fact that neither Jake or Len have ever showed their @$$ to me coupled with the fact that road racing will always be cooler than drag racing or a Dyno Day in my book, made it an easy choice for me. My vacation will be spent going to the race event were that effort will be appreciated and I will feel welcome. Maybe next year my days off will fall so that I do not have to make the choice of were to use my limited vacation time. But when I made that choice, I did factor in our treatment over this event. I can't speak to the reasons for the rest of our members that voted, but I am sure they are very similar.
Remember, WE never said that we will Boycot the BKC Dyno Day. Our members will make their own CHOICES in that mater. I am over it. I made a choice. If the proverbial shoe were on the other foot, I'm sure the outcome would be similar.
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe

Last edited by NO_H2O; February 2nd 2007 at 17:28.
Old February 2nd 2007, 19:05
Administrator

As far as the correcting of "childish" behavior. I can only think that you addressed the wrong party by mistake. There was some "childish" behavior involved, but please properly direct your correction to "childish" one.
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old February 2nd 2007, 19:06

We are over it LD....WAY over it. We're all big boys and girls here. We can make up our own minds about which events to attend, or not attend, without having to explain ourselves to anyone. This includes the BKC.

If you'll remember, this all started when we (the VKG) were told that the BKC was losing interest in holding this event and we wanted to step in and keep the event from fizzling out. It was made VERY clear to us that the BKC would be handling this event themselves and didn't want or need our help and input. We were asked to back off and let you have the event and that is what we are doing. Now we are being bitched at for not attending .... which way do you want it?

Anyway, good luck with it all and we hope you have a good event. Any successful aircooled event is thumbs up in my book and I'm sure the rest of the VKG agrees.
"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill today because they pissed me off!"

Beth Raby

Last edited by massIVe 79 vert; February 2nd 2007 at 22:38.
Old February 3rd 2007, 00:06
Administrator

Damn,
And I even hooked them up with an alternate Dyno Shop (a friend of mine opened) right down the road, so if AllSpeeds constuction schedule doesn't speed up (it doesn't look good right now) and they are'nt ready by March 10th, the BKC will still have a very nice place to have the event within a couple miles of their original plan.
And still we get a reaction like this.
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old February 3rd 2007, 00:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO_H2O View Post
Keep up Pillow. Most of use will not be going to that show due to one of the BKC folks showing there @$$ to us concerning this event. (I bet you can guess which one).

"Pillow Gotcha, I thought it might be that we were just not going to be part of the sponsorship this year. I did not realize it was a total boycott in effect.

Cool with me. "

This is what I see. I dont care if yall choose this as an event to come to as a club, that was not my point. The "total boycott" was.

All is good. We wont be looking for yall.
Old February 3rd 2007, 00:34
Administrator

Pillow used the word "Boycott" . He can go to the event if he would like.
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe