GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Electrical

Old December 14th 2005, 04:01

GL interior - I need help!

My original plan was to have ally door panels, no carpets, just 2 seats and a roll cage.
This was with a light grey or silver car, but as you can see, the paint came out a lot darker than it looked in the brochure!
Rather than kick up a stink at the paint shop, I think this colour suits German Look much more than my original idea.
Problem is, I don't know if the race look will really suit it now, I'm kinda leaning towards a dark grey or black full interior similar the mk2 Golf gti's.

So what do you guys think?
All suggestions welcome...

Old December 14th 2005, 04:14

I think that ally, and the rest of the sort you mentioned both can look verry nice. They al suit to the colour.

Wiebrand
Old December 14th 2005, 04:35

Depends what you want to use the car for and how much. Personally, I'd get some black leather boxster seats and go with that theme but if it is only going to get occasional use with track work the stripped look would make sense...

Rich
Old December 14th 2005, 11:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct
Problem is, I don't know if the race look will really suit it now, I'm kinda leaning towards a dark grey or black full interior similar the mk2 Golf gti's.
My first inclination is to say there is no reason in my mind your car couldn't have a purposeful race look.

Now having said that, I must say it is your car and you are the one having your doubts. You even state the alternative which came to your mind.

My story: I originally was going to get a 1303 and do a full-on GL treatment. The back seat was going to get ditched and I was even debating whether to have a passenger front seat.

Then I bought a 1302. I saw plenty of nice looking hard 1302s but I could no longer wrap my mind around mine being one. The process became an evolving one which is still ongoing.

Confession: I don't really know if I will ever get a 1303. I want to do some minor improvements to my 2002 Cabrio when my 1302 is complete -- complete being relative of course. In the meanwhile my daughter will achieve driving status so her car will take on a priority level. But that doesn't stop me from planning.

My advice is to give it a lot of thought. A hundred people can agree with me in saying your car would still be a great platform for your original plans but if you don't feel it, don't force yourself into trying to feel it. Your alternative plans are very nice, too.

Bottom line: Enjoy your toy.
Old December 15th 2005, 20:18

Wink

You think your paint doesn't give your car a purpouse race look? think again and look-a-dat:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 904-05x_1.jpg (46.6 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg 904-05x_2.jpg (53.2 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg 904-05x_3.jpg (51.6 KB, 77 views)
Old December 15th 2005, 20:21

it's a porsche 904 by the way. Color is similar.

For the interior I would go with orange-brown leather, like the audi TT equiped with Baseball bat Recaro. But then again it's personnal
Old December 17th 2005, 13:25

Thanks for the ideas guys, that porsche 904 looks the nuts!

The decision has, however, been made for me. When I asked they guys to respray it, I said I wanted the engine bay to be as high standard as the exterior. I'm not going to put that crappy soundproofing card in it. So what did they do? They've only gone and stonechipped the interior!
So its carpeting all round I'm afraid!