GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Body

Old September 16th 2009, 02:08

Kamei Spoiler remake

hi i was wonderig if anyone is willing to point me in the right direction of getting a "used" Kamei Spoiler. reason i ask is cause i now have the resourses to make these in fiberglass, and sell them here in the USA at a cheaper price than the ABS ones from the father land! i want to make good product, and ive always wanted one of these spoilers, but never had the money to spend for one... so im wanting to get one to pull a mold off of so i can start making my own and sell them on here! i was hoping PHAT73 would get back to me on his broken ones he has cause i can still use that for a mold as well.

thanks for reading and any support on my idea! thanks!
Old September 16th 2009, 02:44

PHAT73's broken spoiler had the entire center section ripped away by a big piece of semi truck tire that he hit at high speed. I may have one that is broken but only at the mounting holes on the upper edge. The reason the ABS ones may be better for the average street car is that they have alot of flexability and can take alot of impact abuse without breaking. They will break however, if pushed beyond their limits. From what I have seen from fiberglass spoilers on other cars, they have a tendency to shatter when hit with much less impact force than the ABS ones would. But if you can just make yourself another or patch a damaged one up, then you might be on the right track.
Old September 16th 2009, 03:11

Hey COOK,

Sorry I hadnt got back to yet but I am having the worst luck with my computer lately due to a pretty serious spyware virus. As Brett stated previously my broken spoiler did rip away when it was hit so all i have left is this 6 inch piece!!

I do however have another one I bought a few years ago on ebay that is over 20 years old and I have been wanting to get it replicated. I just want to know if the mold process would damage it any further as it has a few cracks and I dont want it destroyed ( they literally do not make this one anymore!). Let me know what ya think.
here is the spoiler

Old September 16th 2009, 08:37

I hope thet you dont have that darn Windows Police Pro Had to pay McAfee $90 bucks to get rid of it.
Old September 16th 2009, 12:39

That exactly what I have. Totally annoying!!
Old September 16th 2009, 17:42
Administrator

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old September 18th 2009, 04:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat73VW View Post
That exactly what I have. Totally annoying!!
Sort of off topic, but my dad just had this one and I fixed it this way:

-Open the windows police pro folder in program files and find the windowspolicepro.exe. You can't delete it yet because it's running.

-Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del, or right click the taskbar) and go to Processes, and find windowspolicepro.exe. Select it, and end process.

-QUICKLY delete the windowspolicepro.exe in program files. There's a delay in between the program finding out it has been stopped and it restarting itself. Delete the rest of the folder at your leisure.

Then, run the antivirus of your choice to mend the registry hack they've got running, and you'll be good to go.
Old September 19th 2009, 05:52

Thanks for the help but when i tried to open my task manager it says that my administrater disabled it. Its my comp and i didnt disable anything. I cant even get into my add/remove hardware screen. The windows police file is there but its still running cause i cant get into my task manager!
Old September 19th 2009, 18:41

well ive done some searcing, and i think im going to build them outta FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic). the process is the same as regular fiber glass, but flexes like abs plastic!

phat73vw:
no, the spoiler will not be damaged at all in the mold process! if you want ill PM you my number so we can talk about it in futher detail! im all about making these and sellin them at a lower cost. im looking to help the german look movement more than i am worried about making a buck.
Old September 20th 2009, 19:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat73VW View Post
Thanks for the help but when i tried to open my task manager it says that my administrater disabled it. Its my comp and i didnt disable anything. I cant even get into my add/remove hardware screen. The windows police file is there but its still running cause i cant get into my task manager!
Have you tried to start the computer in 'safe mode', you might be able to delete it that way before it has a chance to load.
Old September 21st 2009, 05:43

Try this site
http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...-10804572.html
They also have a forum to walk you through. Just put "windows police pro" in the search box.
Also , don't use controll alt delete to get to task mgr. Right click on the clock icon on bottom right of screen to activate and go from there
Old September 21st 2009, 16:52

thread hijack....LOL
Old September 22nd 2009, 15:43

Cook,
I sort of destroyed mine last weekend on the Ring.., but while you're at it, try to improve the air dam somewhat by making more of a splitter on the botom and maybe a little wider to flow more nicely onto the side of the fenders
Walter
Old September 22nd 2009, 17:08

ill do that for sure! now all i need is someone to man up and send me one! ill even pay shipping BOTH ways. i just need one for about a weeks time is all! ill even give them one that i produce to even sweeten the deal and make it more worth their time.
Old September 22nd 2009, 23:14

I have an original kamei spoiler I can send you, it just has a small piece missing on each mounting corner. You can still easily tell the shape to fill in the difference. I can box it up and find out the shipping cost if you want to PM me an address or at least the zip code. If you are unsure as to the missing chips, I can post a pict if you wish.