GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Transmissions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 23rd 2006, 23:27

bug@5speed parts arrived :)

Just wanted to pass onto everyone that my 5 speed conversion parts arrived this past week.. So far from my initial observations, parts look very good, and quality is excellent.

I will take some pics of the parts and the conversion process for all...

Unfortunately since I had to shell some bucks I am a little short.. so I need to build up my VW funds piggy bank..

Since I live in the northeast, weather is a pain in the butt.. came up with a solution since I have a nice back yard.. will be putting a 10*20 plywood and framed floor for the low budget carport that I am going to pick up at Costco.. Not to cheap but at least I will save about 100 on shipping.. (about 180, plus about 200 to build the deck..

If anyone has question feel free, and I will try my best to answer..

MARTIN, that shifter is wild.. what pitch and size is the tread... Need a matching wild shifter to go with it..

I also got from Martin an issue with SB with Scooby power and porsche tranny.. that front mount radiator is quite slick.. Will need to scan to show everyone.. the motor install is also quite neat and tidey.. Makes me want to ditch the 1800 type iv and look for a SOHC head with a STI short block.. 2 lt or 2.5 lt.. but will hold back as that would require another tranny (currently 901)

Plan for now is to build the outdoor garage and simultanouesly (sp) start unbolting the body off the pan.. Might as well do the floors, brakelines, and trailing arms with the body off..
Ohhhh it just doesn't end..
Alex
On top of that the scooby needs some attention and parts.. Man I hate this hobby..