GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Clubs From Around The World > VolkSport Käfer Gruppe

Old March 30th 2006, 10:31
Administrator

Panel,,,, you not tech savy? Look at your ride. You are a high tech dude. This is not ment to MAKE every member do stuff they can't or don't want to do. I think if we all do what we are comfortable to do, between all of us, we can have a cool club of like minded folks that can get together either online or at an event or two and have fun. :agree: We needed to get the organization back together and start the newsletter back up so the people outside the ATL area can hve onput to the newsletter and feel that they are included in the club and are getting something for their membership.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old March 30th 2006, 10:39

I was pleased to see the evolution of the club take some big steps last night during the meeting.

"A new broom sweeps clean"..

I look forward to being a club sponsor!
Old March 30th 2006, 11:59

I will be doing a newsletter. I have some ideas. Some good ones were presented in the short time the newsletter was addressed.

My experience with writing is varied even if not extensive. Doing an electronic newsletter will be a first for me. Is there a copy or somewhere I can be directed to seeing a past one?

Panelfantastic, your post said a lot. To Panel and everyone else: I can edit, embellish, or anything else if anyone wants to make a contribution but doesn't feel they have savvy in the writing area. This will be important because of my lack of savvy when it comes to technical stuff.

I want to organize interviews with some of you as well.

Finally, if there is HTML stuff required, I may need some help there. I have some experience with editing it, but it is quite limited.

I thought the meeting was quite useful. I will be late for the Friday night's get-together. If there are shows being targeted by even just one person, that should be made known -- whether a club presence at that show exists or not.
Old March 30th 2006, 13:07

I think the meeting was very productive as well. I'm excited about getting things back on track too.
"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill today because they pissed me off!"

Beth Raby
Old March 30th 2006, 18:54

a very good and overdue meeting. oasis, previous newsletters are on the VKG site. no HTML needed for the basic work. you can use those newsletters as an example. i need to elevate your rights on the site to do moderation of pages and such. will do right after this post. i am happy to help with site questions on "how to". it is mostly obvious but a few tips help.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old March 31st 2006, 00:25

I agree with Panel... Miss a few days and WOW what happens around here!

My short take is that the club is a great bunch of people and it is a pleasure to be associated with them and the gruppe. One of the best memories from last year was just sitting down to dinner at Bug Jam at Outback with all the VKG guys. And I look forward to more similar experiences in the future.

This may sound silly but I think if more people (myself included) just posted to this forum on what is going on it would make a big difference in cohesiveness. You learn about people by what they choose to share. So I think more sharing will lead to a more open and spirited gruppe. Historically most all VKG members shared ongoing life events and/or project updates as they happened which was awesome. I know people (and myself) are working on thier ridez, but just being too lazy to open up about it.

I will put more effort in being an active poster and overall just let me know what is needed to help out on the higher levels.

Sometimes a good kick in the butt is needed to reinvigirate the soul. Especially with Spring kicking in more VWs will see sunshine again

Frankly we do not fit the mold of "normal" Dubers. Not many people modify cars like we do and it makes it hard to relate to more standard "Looks" in the VW scene. GL is still a minority interest with many variations/interpretations and is a movement still on the rise, so lets ride the wave strong for the future.

FWIW I am running some Raby breathed on items and they are awesome. We should be thankful that we are associated with a top notch organization like RAT and build a mutually beneficial relationship so each party sees it as a value.

Congrats Dave!

GLF,
'96 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 6.5L Diesel
'99 GMC Suburban 6.5L Diesel
VolkSport Kafer Gruppe
Old March 31st 2006, 10:45

agree with everything Pillow says. let's get on it. now is the time. we have Hot VW's coverage over the next few weeks.

Old March 31st 2006, 13:58
Administrator

Double Ditto.
I have been working on so many projects from my car to Ryan's Red GL jr. Joel's GL bus and Jordan's 66 Resto/Cal look Bug. Let alone some great customer cars like the Herbie X project. I havn't shared enough of that here. But you can see some of it at my website (Thanks to Zen).
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old April 1st 2006, 11:35

I couldn't make the Friday night portion of the meetings after all. My father-in-law was already here to knock down some walls. I couldn't exactly excuse myself from that so I could "chat."

What did I miss?
Old April 1st 2006, 13:05

i was only on for an hour or so. we set some events to hook up at and decided how membership coordination would be done. events are posted on the site already. probably more to come. beth will be handling the membership dues, reminders, etc. wrenchride (new member) is going to handle email responses, etc.

that is all i was there for.