GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Clubs From Around The World > VolkSport Käfer Gruppe

Old March 28th 2006, 19:10

sorry for my slow reply on this. i will send out an email to all members. i recommend two sessions (will make it Wednesday and Friday at 9:00PM ET) to try to accomodate differing schedules by all. UK guys are of course welcome and encouraged to attend (although i guess that time doesn't work real great) and shape the future of the club.

the gruppe has floundered and the reasons and excuses are many including in my camp. this thread is not intended to air any dirty laundry though and we should just consider this a "reboot" of sorts. i have enough politics at work and don't need more in my hobby.

so clear the minds, make one or both of the meetings and state not only what you want to see the gruppe become, but what you are going to do to make that happen.

the meeting will be on the VKG site chat board. test in advance if you have not been on it and email me if you need any assistance.

type with you soon.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old March 28th 2006, 20:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen
the gruppe has floundered and the reasons and excuses are many including in my camp. this thread is not intended to air any dirty laundry though and we should just consider this a "reboot" of sorts. i have enough politics at work and don't need more in my hobby.
Exactly what I was thinking. I don't really care at this point who did or did not do anything...or why for that matter. I joined the VKG because it seemed like a fun group of like-minded people that could share a common hobby...not to be a part of a pissing match about who didn't do what they were supposed to do and then hearing a million and one excuses why.

Several members, me included, were not around when the Gruppe was formed and I think we all just kinda fell into the mix. I'm willing to step up and really be a part of the actual functions of the club....hope to talk to you all Wednesday!
"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill today because they pissed me off!"

Beth Raby
Old March 28th 2006, 21:10
Administrator

Wed. is good for me. I will be there. That is tomorrow right?
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old March 28th 2006, 21:55

I'll drop in at 9. I'm not a VKG member, but i would like to hear/see what your thoughts are. It seems our BAG Club here in the GTA needs a "reboot" too!
Old March 28th 2006, 22:03

yes. tomorrow and this friday. email just sent to the mailing list. i expect many bouncebacks from old addresses though. also fixed the issue with the "join us" on the VKG site. not sure how, but it had been unpublished.

Old March 28th 2006, 22:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevw
I'll drop in at 9. I'm not a VKG member, but i would like to hear/see what your thoughts are. It seems our BAG Club here in the GTA needs a "reboot" too!
of course. you and all non-VKGers are welcome any time. nothing secret going on here. feel free to throw us some thoughts as well. we are obviously a little stuck at the moment. need a spark.

Old March 28th 2006, 22:48

First off, my post was very general and did not specifically point out any issues with a single club member or officer. If clarity is needed I will take the situation off line and it will be squared away, there will then be no doubt- nuff said.

The actions of certain individuals could be considered admission of guilt to those that can read between the lines.

Quote:
for those that they are leading! They dont make excuses so they
never get caught in a lie.
Obviously you have never been privelaged enough to serve under or be a leader in a situation that could get your a round in the back. Those of us that have certainly seen leaders, respect their positions and their abilities. Some of us were busy being formed into leaders while others were at their Senior trip-

A group is only as strong as it's leader- A tribe only as strong as it's Chief-

What is an excuse or what is an explanation is more times than not, up to the reader- some are more gullible than others, some more tenderfooted than others and some just plain don't give a damn.

Quote:
In addition, I was only letting the members know why I didnt make it to
Dyno Day. Its not an excuse. Its my reason in case anyone wanted to know.
Okay.... Now we know. Next time remember to shove a rag down that intake.

Quote:
And as far as organization goes, no ones besides myself, Zen or Dave
ever stepped up to help with organizational stuff.
Okay...

Quote:
Either Zen or myself
did the news letters, and Dave always helped out where he could. When
Zen tried to elect new leaders a while back, no one stepped up for any
of the other duties besides the president
You might need to think about why they did not. I'll give you two guesses.

Quote:
If others had volunteered for
the other positions, maybe there would have been more organization.
One person cant do everything.
Yep.

I continue my monetary support for the VKG because I consider most of the members my best friends. To date I have ONE engine and a few parts running around in the vehicles of VKG members, so it's not like I have gained any huge amounts of business by supporting this group of great people. I have continued my support because I wanted to, not necessarily because the bottom line said it was a smart thing to do.

The DTM I coughed up for the Dyno day raffle didn't grow on a tree out back, that was an inventory item that I sacrificed for the good of the club, just like the other things I have given the organization since it was formed.

Let me make something painfully clear to everyone:
Either things change or my support that guys like Zen and Dave worked hard to both attain and retain will be lost forever with no possible hope for revitalization.

Im know this post is not about dirty laundry and I have always respected the morale this group has had while other groups are constantly bickering about internal issues. I am merely stating my current issues with the club organization so those that intend to keep the club on it's feet can recognize them and work them out.

The only way around trouble is straight through the damn middle.

Thats all I have to say on the topic. If the organization comes back to the group you can count on my check. Make it happen.

BTW- I'll be sitting in the corner during the meeting quiet as a mouse and I hope to see some enthusiasm!
Old March 29th 2006, 08:31

...if I was at all undecided before, that just drove home my decision.

You gents have fun with the gruppe.
'83 928S 4.7
Old March 29th 2006, 10:36

Maybe I'm a bit naive by being relatively new. What I see is strong-minded, strong-willed people ... some I have had the pleasure of meeting, some I look forward to meeting. While I don't know of any of the who-struck-john of the past, I do know I would rather be a part of a group of strong-minded, strong-willed folk than be part of a Gumby convention.

I will be there tonight and hope to be there Friday night and hope there will be a way I can contribute.
Old March 29th 2006, 17:48

I won't be able to attend tonight's meeting. I'll be working, but I will be attending Friday night's meeting.

I hope to contribute what I can.
'64 Ghia - Project!!-Subaru EJ20T, MS/EDIS, 993 brakes, 914 Tranny...
Old March 29th 2006, 22:14

Nobody in chat??

The chat link is located on the mainpage- www.germanlook.com -in the resources section on the left side, option #2.

Last edited by petevw; March 29th 2006 at 22:18.
Old March 29th 2006, 22:21

Go to the chatbox in the VKG site http://www.volksport.net
Old March 29th 2006, 22:27

Hopefully i can get in there. Need to register.
Old March 30th 2006, 01:06

sorry guys, went to the wrong chat room (GL.com) :shrug:
I dont know what I was thinking...

I just read up on everything that was discussed.

Congrats to Dave (noh2o) on being the new VKG prez.
And to everyone else that was nominated as well.

'I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol!'

'67 Sunroof Notchback * '68 FI Squareback
Old March 30th 2006, 10:03

Wow! I don't check in for a couple days and look what happens.
I'm not much of a club person. Not even part of the local club in my own city (they don't quite know what to make of my choices anyway). I joined up strictly to be a part of some like minded friends doing similar projects and to support them what little I could. I knew from the begining the club and the shows were long distance and I wouldn't be able to make much of a physical presence. I post more in the other sections than on the club forum because It's not usually about club business.
I stay pretty busy, we all say that. I don't work on my bus for weeks/months at a time, sometimes I go a week or so without even looking at the GL... but I guess if Jake can find time to post here and keep track of us, we really don't have any decent excuses.
I hope you guys can work out the details and keep the club together. I don't see where I could be much help as a club officer, I'm not much of a writer, not very tech savvy, but I will continue support if welcomed and hope for a strong resurgence this summer.

Jeff-
VKG Bastage child