GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Old January 9th 2012, 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Hey Mark,

You really don't need the stock crank or want that always. More displacement is always a good thing: faster spool of a bigger turbo :-)
Personally I would limit the stroke at 78mm with type 1 rod journals (55mm) for optimum on stroke and strength.
Head flow and how much boost your engine can take will largely determine the max hp, the size of the engine only how much rpm it takes to get to full boost.
But I am sure you won't grenade the engine after start-up with larger strokes ;-)
I agree Wally,but my point is that you don't need a lot of displacement/stroke to make a lot of power.Your car is perfect example for that,and not to forget that you have unwelded heads! I'd be interested in what your ports look like
Let's say you were to use a 71mm crank instead of your 66mm it would be interesting to see just how much sooner your spool up is and at which psi the same 458hp would be achieved.
Old January 11th 2012, 14:04

Thanks for your inputs!

Seems like it's going to be the 78,4mm crank that'll go in. I don't have any pictures at the moment as the parts aren't accessible at the moment, put i have pictures of them from when they were bought. Though I don't seem to see how to attach pictures. I've uploaded them, resized them, but still get an error message. I'm not good at computers so bare with me!