GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Body

Old June 18th 2006, 22:56

Carbon Fiber source to finish up my dash

Well I have a big appreciation for Carbon Joe. After making my 1st section (I'll be making 3 sections) of my prototype 911 dash to fit my 1302. I have to say it was a VERY big learning experience doing this for the 1st time (especially mold making). Anyways, after visiting the nearest fiberglass source I was advised that there is a CF shortage....and that they'll won't be able to advise when they'll have more. I've found some CF on Ebay.....but....I'd like to find another source that has a stable supply (any help would be appreciated). But, after I get done trimming and tweaking the various sections.....I'll be making another one with CF accents. This final one will be only in 2 sections (an upper/lower). But, the only draw back so far that I've seen is that I'm not going to have a glove box. But oh well....that can be made into a center console at a later time. Anyways, here is a link to the 1st section (isn't a great pic....it was just primered and untrimmed) and as a result of my impatience....I have to do some minor repairs to the form (not enough release wax and acting like a gorilla trying to pull it out).

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/alb...?pic_id=283885
Old January 7th 2007, 22:44

silver carbon fiber

dude did you know about silver cf . it is realy aluminized fiberglass in 2x2 twill