GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old December 28th 2003, 23:11

Just got done installing new heater channels...arg

What a weekend. Spent all day saturday and all day today removing the rotten pieces of shat, and installing the new channels. I finished up tonight, but still have to make a few patch panels to fix some places that the rust has taken over. The bottom of the A-pillar on one side was pretty bad. When I got done I POR-15'd all the welds and any other place that I thought rust would form, or already existed. I can't wait till I get this car ready for paint. It's been a slow process, but it's coming along. When I first got it, both floorpans were so bad I was afraid to sit in the seat. I am going to go downstairs and snap some pics. I'll post them up in a little while.
Old December 29th 2003, 09:12

Good job!

Now spend a little more dosh on some Dinatrol for cavities, and inject it into your channels. You may need to drill 3 holes on the top of each channel (one at each end and one central). Mine came with the holes already there...
Inject a half tin into each channel, then raise/lower each end of the car (try and get it into all the nooks and crannies!). Then your channels should last for a very long time

Cya,
Sam C
Raby 2270, B spec gearbox, Lots of carbon fibre, Wolfrace Octane Black 17x7.5, Goodyear Eagle F1's, Kerscher suspension front and rear, kamei airdam in carbon, corbeau seats, momo millunium steering wheel.
CDT eurosport 6.5 front speakers, IDMAX 12D2 sub, rockford old school amps.
Old December 29th 2003, 15:55

Thanks for the tip Sam! What is Dinatrol?
Old January 4th 2004, 16:06

hi
wax suspended in white spirit or rust preventative the spirit evaporates the wax covers your metal makeing it very difficult for rust to get a good hold waxoyle is another or there is the time hounered favotite of my old grandad the oil you emptied out of your car on its last service!!

i must admit to have ended up where my grandad did i sqirt my old engine oil under pressure into all those unseen cavities once a year im a bit overdue this job actually . needs to be done on a friday with lots of drip trays under the car for a weekend as well a very messy job