GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old February 8th 2006, 18:28

GL manx sr

I have a manx sr2 and was wondering what you guys think I should do? I need to stiffen up the chassies, lower it, larger sway bars, irs conversion, 17x8 wheels and Nitto Nt01 tires. My question is what I should do to the top. In the first pic it shows an ugly top and in the second it shows a speedster style top. I want to do a speedster style but haven't quite made up my mind.
One other thing, what wheels should I use?

mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg manx.jpg (71.3 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg ManxSSR1.jpg (24.6 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg manx wheels.jpg (8.5 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg manx wheels2.jpg (50.9 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg eagle_185_small.jpg (29.3 KB, 89 views)
Old February 8th 2006, 18:44

I find nothing "ugly" about the first top except I might avoid the two-tone effect. Having said that, the second top reminds me of a '62 Thunderbird I salivated over once upon a time ... and unlike some things that tend to date me, I still think it looks quite effective. Now having said that, the first top may add more to the body's rigidity. And now having said that, rigidity may not be so much of an issue with a buggie.

A lot of help I am I know

Wheels ... of three posted I like the second one best. It has a bit more three-dimensionality to them than the other two which I think is important with a compact design like your Manx.

Just remember with my opinions, you get what you pay for.
Old February 8th 2006, 20:42

Regidity is a problem. Is twists so much that it broke the welds on the battery box on 3 of the 4 corners.. I need some ideas on how to make it ridgid. It is going to have a 5 point roll bar. I think it needs more. Oh and I have a SWEEEEEET idea for an exhaust but thats another subject. Did you look at the wheels? I need some feed back bad on the wheels. I personaly like the second one the best, then the first one, and the third one last. I will keep ypu guts posted on the speedster top conversion. Do you think I need to narrow my front end if I am running a 17in.x8in. wheel? If so, how much? One last thing. I plan on frenching the lights like a ferrari 360 modena, Type IV motor (100+hp). I dont know what to do to the interior.

Will get pics soon. PLEASE HELP ME WITH IDEAS.

mike
Old February 9th 2006, 02:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinator
Did you look at the wheels? I need some feed back bad on the wheels. I personaly like the second one the best, then the first one, and the third one last.
Wheels ... of the three posted I like the second one best, too. It has a bit more three-dimensionality to them than the other two which I think is important with a compact design like your Manx.

I see no other choice but full-on racing seats. The roll cage (if you go that route) could be integrated for the seat belts. Make sure neither is directly linked to the fiberglass, though.
Old February 10th 2006, 10:28

I vote for the second set of wheels as well, although I would like them better without the bolts/rivets. (Are they are true 3 piece wheel ?)

A cage would definately stiffen the car up, also check out the post on this forum about chassis stiffening, and using convertable parts for it.

As to the top. Do you really need one ?

Rob.
Old February 10th 2006, 23:39

I can't use the convertible barts because of the rocker panels. I will post pics anap so you guys can see what my problem is. I also need the top to help in chassie stiffening and to help hide the roll bar.

mike
Old February 10th 2006, 23:43

Here is the link to the wheels we like. No, I don't believe they are a 3 piece wheel.

http://www.msrwheels.com/auto_car_wheels.cfm?id=318

mike
Old February 12th 2006, 00:54

Here are the pics I was talking about. If you guys have any better wheel ideas. I am open for suggestions.

mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image004.jpg (13.9 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Image006.jpg (12.7 KB, 45 views)