GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old February 23rd 2006, 01:04

Arrow 5 blade fans

any input on the 5 blade fans from a 2.7ltr i got one on a good deal and a bas shroud...owner says with little bit of grinding on the fan ring the deckid goes fully closed... not wanting to grind on the ring im going to cut out a hole in the decklid and weld a "bump" or a small contoured box in that area... like a turbo bump on the mid 90's mitsu.eclipse hood..think it'll work? :idea: ....then just blend in with body work...77 std type 1
Old February 23rd 2006, 07:31

Hi there. I am a newbie here. Personaly I would like to keep the original profile of the car. If you can, have it machined smaller to allow the lid to close. The 'Bump' gives the game away too early.
Old February 26th 2006, 02:21

i run a 5 blade fan with a" w "deck lid and dont have any problems , mount it up and see how much if any you have to machine off, the only fouling problem i have is with my mallory dizzy , im replacing that with a bosch vacc retarder anyway ,there are pictures of my intallation in the germanlook section
zx7rr
Old March 2nd 2006, 00:44

Why not just use the decklid stand off plates that puts the hinge point back about 3in. Not only are they cheap but no grinding, cutting, or fabrication will be needed.

mike
Old March 2nd 2006, 03:53

On my car I had to machine the ring to get it to fit. If you think about it, if you leave that block on then use the BAS strap it's not circular and may not strap on. It'll then push the fanshroud higher, moving it away from the block. Machining the fan ring is a pretty simple job for a machine shop and if I remember rightly it was pretty cheap. There's also a block where the coil mounts you may have to remove. Having said all that, though, there are two sizes of fan/ring.

Andy