GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Wheels

Old February 5th 2008, 13:23

5 x 110 but don't want to go porche ...any ideas?

found some 5 x 110's (with ET40 that I want to shod with 215/45's). Porche brake gear tooooo expensive in Ireland (no scrappers to speak of), what options have I got though?
Old February 5th 2008, 18:49

5x110? what car are they from?

where in Ireland are you? I'm in Portlaoise
Old February 13th 2008, 08:44

sooo much wanted to subaru mine too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorbrady View Post
5x110? what car are they from?

where in Ireland are you? I'm in Portlaoise

checked out your home page …class mota you got there!!! I wanted to stick either a subaru or fuel injected, blown, Jake Raby in mine but couldn’t get insurance for it as a daily drive , how've you managed it?

I’m in Cois na h'Abhainn, Moate in Co. Westmeath.

I’ve got a ’71 (1200 Irish built) that I’m putting together as a german look with friends at Evolution BodyKits in Ballymahon, Co. Longford. Ditched the 5x110's, it’s now on 5x100, 17" RS5 Gunmetal & Mirror Lip Lenso’s.

I’m doing CSP disks front and simple disk conversion back for now just to get on the road while I think of more suitable stopping gear, just heard of a lad up north doing good CNC work so I might do more homework and have something made up.

I'm only droppin her a bit 'cause the roads round Loch Ri are too shyte to go rad. While I've got her split in two I was thinking about chassis strengthening, what do you think of VW Heritage's new strengthened pans ..worth the dosh?

We think the time's come to have a big Irish v-dub festival ...SantaPod stylie. We’ve got access to a big estate of land at Ballymahon the owner's well into dubs and the craic so we're thinking of doing a v-dub weekend festival there next year…know any lads might be up4it? I’m also setting up an early type 2 hire business based in Moate, should have a couple ready for summer 08. You're welcome to drop-in for a pint if you're passing through Moate, I've e-mailed you my contact.