GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Clubs From Around The World > Boxer AutoGruppe

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 21st 2008, 10:10

Track Day

First of all thanks to Chris ( Mr. Chug A Bug ) for a great event, had a blast. I would do that again in a heart beat. BTW guys nice driving everyone, after a while we all got use to the track and got the lines.
It was a great turn out hopefully we will have a greater turnout for the future and for the next meet which is dated for Nov 23 2008 weather permitting and the 30th for a (rain date).

Hope to see all the rides that was missing or is still hiding in the garages. BRING THEN OUT Maaaaaaaan.....

Big Up ( huge thanks ) to Pete (petevw), Sandeep, Bryan(clkwrk) and Lanner ( Flat ) they tried there best to determine was the problem was. Sanddeep and I was riding together and after 4-5 laps
we really started to have to have some serious fun, then I started to have inconsistent oil pressure and a little ticking noise. We did an extra lap to cool down the motor then exited off the track.
We then immediately stated working on the motor to determine the problem. We checked valves, lifters, rockers and yes after a visual...........we found out that the oil pump bolts was loose. ( NO LOCK TIGHT ) We did a scavenger hunt for nuts and bolts and used what we could find to tighten the oil pump out and to get me home.

Well ya know I should have called a tow truck immediately and I didn't, I tried to take my time to baby it home......????? WHY........IDONO
I reached a for as Burlington and the noise increased so I pulled over and called a.................TOW TRUCK..... .... ( S++T ) what is the wife gonna think now ....a waste of money and time.....LOL

I will keep you posted when I pull the motor out to see what the real problem is.......

C4 Metal Werks is interested in finding out what I am running ehhhhhhhh. ( that is Canadian for IDONO ) this a slang that we Canadians use.

Yes sir! It took 5 years of savings and collecting of parts and asking stupid and annoying questions but I did it.

T4 2600, 78 X 103's, Nickies, ARP's with Ceramic Lifters. excessive head work.
External Oil coolers with thermostat with lines running to the front with fan on the cooler
Case and oil breathers
Full Mallory System
Dellorto 45's with Holley pump ( Still trying to get the right combination for the Main Jets and Air Corrections ) l
3.88 solid mounted Gene Berg mounts with close ratio trans welded gears in a Rhino case, Gene burg shifter, welded in 10 point chromoly roll cage with Kafer cup brace.
VdubEngineering's brakes upgrade to Porsche Turbo Brembo's 17x7 rim Porsche twist , tires 205/40 and 215/50's in the rears.
5 point harness with racing seats.

Dellorto 45's with Holley pump ( Still trying to get the right combination for the Main Jets and Air Corrections ) Anybody out there have a similar combination or has the experience to guide
me into the right direction what are you using for your mains and air correction.
At the present time I am running 45 DEll's, 38 Vents, 210mm mains X 175mm air corrections I have tried many other combinations. As for now the Dell's has to work, cannot afford F.I.
but maybe one day in the future I'll will go that route.

Thanks again to Pete (petevw), Sandeep, Bryan(clkwrk) and Lanner ( Flat )

Ya Monnnnnn...LOL