GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Old August 29th 2007, 16:17

Just got back from two days at Watkins Glenn (HPDE-Audi Club)

What a trip. Had two fun filled days driving my buddies car (91 SHO, gutted and track prepped) at Watkins Glenn International's long course. Got to drive the car up from NJ, which was my only seat time in the car, on Sunday. Went out first on Monday on the track with only about 3-4 hrs of highway seat time, talk about a trial by fire.

Well it took about 2 run to get the hang of this thing, which mathematicallly, or from an engineering perspective don't add up. All indicators tell you, its heavy, looks like a box, fwd, 200 WHP, family sedan.. but with some very minor tweaks I was playing with some vettes, wrx's and audi's.

Need to go out and get a converter so I can post some videos of my day two runs. Had some good passes, and mixed it up with some nice autos.

I think I have mentioned it in the past, HPDE, are a great way to mix it up with other cars, in controlled enviorment. You always walk way with sharper skills, and vision for the street.

Had some good runs but could not keep up with similiar experienced drivers driving those darn vettes, RS-4, or overboosted older S4's. I was amazed at the new GTI, as it was very fast out of the box with little mods.. Does make me wish I still had my WRX

After all this, need to recover as my body took quite the beating, and 4 weeks till the next event

All this really, really makes me want to get my track bug done. Life, and work are a real pain as they get in the way. Our little one demands a lot, and is another reason. So I am starting to outsource some work.. hopefully 2008 will be my year. If you think an SHO is an interesting choice of vehicles, can't wait to see their faces when they see a 2.7 lt, 5 speed super bug..

Don't have pictures, as I forgot my memory card, stupid me. But will post vides in a few weeks..
VR
Alex
Tele: 973 204-5463
Old September 1st 2007, 10:39

Does anyone else here in the states do any track days? Hopefully some NE ones?
What do you run, if not your bug.
Alex
Tele: 973 204-5463