PDA

View Full Version : suggested dell books

zen
December 21st 2002, 23:44
what are some of the better dellorto books out there? looks like i will need to tear mine down and rebuild. debating whether it will be worth it or not too.

kdanie
December 22nd 2002, 03:04
I have a copy of the Dellorto SuperFormance book from CB, I think it is pretty good. The carbs are not that complicated, don't be afraid of them. I keep a sweet 45mm DRLA (metalic cast iron grey body, bead blasted top plate, polished stacks) on my desk at work, it's art to me!
ken

Martice
December 22nd 2002, 05:23
I love the Dells myself.
The Dellorto Tech Handbook is indeed very helpfull.To bad I gave my copy to a friend and never saw it back...
I have to tell you this, be sure that you allways use the proper screwdriver!
I have a Dell in front of me right now, and the idiot that had it before me broke one of the idle screws...I'll have a hard time getting this out....

zen
December 22nd 2002, 10:17
thanks guys. i found one on amazon.com that seemed pretty good based on the excerpts they show you, but the CB is much cheaper and i want the best.

Martice
December 22nd 2002, 10:33
zen,

Witch book did you found on amazon.com???I buy all my books from them but never found a downdraft DellOrto book...

zen
December 22nd 2002, 11:24
guess i should be looking closer. that is a sidedraft book. oops. it was late and i only gave it a glance.

btw, you want to use "which" in most contexts instead of "witch". "witch" is the old green lady on a broomstick. "which" is as in "which way did the witch go?" not that i am any language expert or anything.

Martice
December 22nd 2002, 13:48
Come on zen, :crying: don't be so hard on me :)

My problem is that I usually write very fast(I don't have much free time for the board) and often make small confusions or misspell some words.
But I hope you guys understand what I am saying right?I really don't know how I sound in english.

My fault :doh: ....hope you don't mind

thanks for the correction.

zen
December 22nd 2002, 20:37
LOL. actually, your english is excellent. i have always understood you. your english is better than most americans on these boards. just thought i would give a little helping hand.

Martice
December 23rd 2002, 04:42
Thanks zen. :)

Good luck with your shopping!

so, about the Dellorto tech book:

CBperformance sales it for $9.95
Aircooled.net for $13.95

Only one thing to mention, I could never buy anything from CB because they only send by UPS.com and shipping gets really expensive($100 for a camshaft)
aircooled.net sends by USPS.com which is cheaper(but no online tracking, etc)
So if this also goes for US to than you may get cheaper with the aircooled.net book :p
I know that we are talking about cents here but I am just curious.