PDA

View Full Version : Type4 Upright Conversion?

Cyrus2Dope
December 28th 2002, 02:09
I need a Type IV upright conversion kit ASAP, I need the basic kit for an early type2, for it to run and stay cool, nuthing fancy. I also need exhaust. I am in the USA. I need help, I need it within the next couple of weeks. I am looking for a kit that is as complete as possible so i dont need to build my own things. Can any body help me? Thanks

zen
December 28th 2002, 22:48
here is the best place to research your options...

http://tunacan.net/t4/

DTM would have been the best option for you were they available at the moment. they are not.

the most complete, non-911 kit, is sold by Sharpbuilt. their URL is on tuna's links page. not going to be too quick there though as they are in Australia. customspeedparts.com (Germany and US) also sells one, but with no shroud. you have to supply that and i believe do some fabbing on it.

one last option is check with oliver in the germanlook.com mall. jake will not do just cooling solutions. not sure if oliver will either, but worth checking.

there are no real quick solutions with a TIV. read tuna's site and you will best understand your options.

Cyrus2Dope
December 29th 2002, 00:13
Thanks for your help Zen, if there are any other opinions by any one else they are apreciated, does any one know how long it takes to get a SharpBuilt kit? Thanks again

chigger
December 29th 2002, 23:35
I talked to a fellow out of Alabama who sent the money Western Union and the kit got here in a week or two. I ordered some NOS parts out of New Zealand and it only took 3 days after they got the money. All the mail is airmail anyway.

Cyrus2Dope
December 30th 2002, 20:30
Hey thanks allot, i wonder if Sharp takes credit cards.