PDA

View Full Version : anyone have an engine or planning to have an engine thats watercooled?

BeetleTwinTurbo
December 31st 2002, 11:08
and if you do, please post it here...

I saw a guy on the vwvortex yesterday, guy had a rotary engine in the back, NA, pushin 120 HP, now thats not bad......

hell, If I can get some nice numbers out of a non-vw engine, that would be a cool alternative to aircooled, but I dont think the judges at the air-cooled shows will liket hat too much.

Steve C
January 1st 2003, 01:19
Hi

Click to here read about my WBX conversion

Steve C

vujade
January 1st 2003, 10:49
Both Superman & H2OSB both have watercooled motors in their cars.

ricola
January 1st 2003, 14:51
I have a Subaru Impreza turbo engine, probably about 250bhp!
All details are on my web site...

Rich

Superman
March 24th 2003, 08:53
Mine is a Golf GTI motor, click the link in my signature below.

BeetleTwinTurbo
March 24th 2003, 19:01
have you ever entered a competition with your car??

If so, did the judges let you participate, or did they let you run the quarter mile?

MattKab
April 2nd 2003, 13:56
'Looks like someone has deleted a relavent post :confused:

The car has run a 15odd 1/4 but suffered as a result.

We're putting it right and then some RWYB at Big Bang and Bug Jam this year. The car was donated as a club project to be donated on when we've had our fun. I think the new VWDRC rules may allow it, not too sure. If this year goes well enough, we'll enter it in sportsman the following year.

Matt

Alex
April 2nd 2003, 15:01
Matt,

explain that with the deleted post?
Is one missing?

Alex

Superman
April 2nd 2003, 21:36
Yea, what post :confused:

MattKab
April 3rd 2003, 12:28
'could have sworn I replied on the 24th, with a post about a twin rad, thermal syphon set-up for a Bug with wbx heads :confused:
we'll never know s'pose.

Superman
April 3rd 2003, 20:19
Was it in that "rear mounted radiator" thread? I didn't see it here in this one. Humm, there is only 4 people that could have deleted it, and it wasn't me. Keep in mind that no database is perfect and it is possible the post was just lost.

MattKab
April 4th 2003, 13:25
It indeed be. Sorry for the confusion guys, only slightly embarrassed ;)

Moving swiftly back to watercooling, My plan for a water pumper is to use a 1.9 TDi motor in a (GL of course) T25 camper but I won't finish this Bug for another 8 years or so... and that's sticking to the schedule...

TDi appears to have massive tuning potential and I've driven a Golf. How quick? The new GTi is now diesel I believe.

Again, soz

Matt

Rob
April 4th 2003, 17:40
I'm just getting started with looking into/planning for a
Subaru 2.5 engine in my 1970 Beetle....

Rob.

Superman
April 4th 2003, 21:11
I've driven a GTD, the diesel version of the GTI, and indeed they are very qucik off the line!