PDA

View Full Version : Dipstick Tube On A Type 4

GUTTERS
January 4th 2003, 17:37
I VE JUST GOT MY TYPE 2LTR LONG BLOCK HOME, AND THE ENGINE CAME FROM A 82-83 T25 PANEL VAN. THE STANDARD DIPSTICK COMES OUT OF THE BLOCK LIKE A TYPE 1, THE THING IS I AM GOING TO BE RUNNING ONE OF POWER TUNING SERVICES 911 STYLE COOLING SET UPS, AND THESE HAVE THE DIPSTICK IN THE OIL FILLER NECK. CAN I TAP A THREAD IN TO THE ORIGINAL TUBE HOLE AND SCREW A BOLT IN TO THE THREAD WITH SOME PIPE SEALANT ON THR THREADS. THE CASE IS THE ENCLOSED BREATHER TYPE.:confused:

njv
January 4th 2003, 19:53
hello
chewing gum!

no but seriously what you have suggested would be the cleanest looking solution i would think.

you could just chop the dipstick holder tube off about 200 mm from the block and crimp it.

you could run a small line from your breather box to here as a drain too .

this is what im going to do when i sort out another position for my oil teemp sender im using a dipstick one in this location at the minute.

you see i can only fit a small breather box in the confines of a typ 3 compartment and i would like it to be a serviceless item fit and forget gives you more time for the important things in life like driving the thing thats why we go typ 4 isnt it.

GUTTERS
January 5th 2003, 09:25
CHEERS, NJV
I HAVE TAPPED A THREAD IN TO IT A PUT A STAINLESS ALLEN HEADED BOLT IN TO IT. MY MATE IS GOING TO GET ME A THREADED HOLLOW PIPE FITTMENT SCREW AS WELL IN CASE I WANT TO USE IT FOR A DRAIN FOR THE BREATHER BOX AS YOU SUGGESTED. CHEERS AGAIN.