PDA

View Full Version : Remmele crank pulley

verbeekb
January 22nd 2003, 15:16
this one:

http://www.germanlook.com/Images/0089.jpg

How could you tighten that little bolt enough to keep the thing on? To anyone who has one of these, does it look like it could be used with a regular hex-headed bolt? Am I overreacting? :) .. It is hard to tell what size socket that would be .. but it seems like an 8mm .. that would be a really nice one to strip ... especially when the motor is in the car with the exhaust on ..

elroocky
January 22nd 2003, 18:41
well, it's exactly the same design than other model of T4 pulley but it's only made in one piece (and no welding)
leave me 24 hours, and I'll make you a pic from the back of mine (i've got one on my engine)

david

verbeekb
January 22nd 2003, 19:54
Thank you David!

Also, I have read your comments on the Remmele exhausts, and Oliver Knuff's additions to it, with much interest. I was still "shopping around" I've put the 180mm with 45mm "J" tubes on my shopping list .. I like the clean and simple installation as well. I have a SS BAS Type 1 system on my '74 Single Cab for a while now and there is a lot of movement in it, it is not very solid. The Remmele muffler system wouldn't have these problems I think, so again, it's on the list, and the pulley is about to go on it as well :) Is it very heavy?

Brian

elroocky
January 23rd 2003, 04:42
yes the pulley is heavy.. no prob for that.. personnally I have too a BAS on my 54 GL, and it seen's that I've got the same prob as you.. I've installed recently on my daily driver and the quality is better..( personnal opignon..) I can say is it will last longer because I've got this system since only a few month on it and not a lot of road whive it (only 4200 km)..

david

Oliver Knuf
January 24th 2003, 05:12
Curing loose BAS setups is easy. I need 4-6 hours to mount either a stainless Type 1 or Type 4 system, but I build all my own mounts to attach it stiffer to the engine. The mounts with the bolts inbetween won't hold pretty long and there's a pretty bad second muffler mount! If these ones were build new and rigidly, you wont't have problems for years (untill the steel starts to crack :p )! The pulley from REM is working very well as it holds through the cone mount, the screw is only there to get it safe in place!

verbeekb
January 24th 2003, 12:43
Thanks for the information guys, it help more than you think,

Brian