PDA

View Full Version : One engine question after another!!

BigPhattyVW
January 31st 2003, 12:37
Hello!!

What dimension of an engine, and when I mean dimension I mean stroke x bore, will I need cylinder spacers. What I would like to do is put a 76 or a 78 stroker in my engine but what size of pistons would require spacers. Do they make stroker pistons that eliminate the need for spacers? Oh well hopefully someone can answer at least one of my questions!!

Thanks for the answers!!

Clint

Pillow
January 31st 2003, 15:53
For a T1 engine there are "B" piston and cylinder sets built for strokers. I think for a 82m crank, but are perfect for a conservative CR 78.4mm crank. The 76 is too far in the hole and would need the cyliders shaved down to get any CR out of it.

The normal 69mm P&Cs are refered to as "A" units.

Tim
January 31st 2003, 23:49
Another thing you may consider is the rod length. If you use longer rod than stock, probably you need spacers even for "B" p/c sets.

Tim

Pillow
February 2nd 2003, 00:03
Very good point Tim. The above is only generalizations based off a VW rod... If you like Chevy rods it get exciting fast :)

BigPhattyVW
February 3rd 2003, 17:29
Yeah I'm going to use 5.5 inch race rods. Another inquery, yet again, is there a way to put a four point spark plugs into a vw head? I had another question but im really slow right now so I'll get back to you guys with the rest!

Thanks

Clint