PDA

View Full Version : Sebring style T1 muffler

Martice
January 31st 2003, 18:04
Hi,

Does anyone know anything about this "Sebring style" muffler?(see pic)

How loud? how does it flow? anything would be good...Thanks!

Farmer
February 1st 2003, 15:57
Never tried that model myself, but I have seen a couple in Germany.
They are LOUD IMHO. + They are only for limited cc´s. How much I am not sure of, but a good shot would be 1800 cc.
The header is actually very nice with lots of ground clearance.

Martice
February 1st 2003, 17:13
What do you mean by loud IMHO? is this good or bad? :)

I really like this muffler+ its very very non expensive(so its worth playing with it)
I'll use it on my 1600cc so no cc problem.

THANK YOU!

danielzink
February 1st 2003, 17:48
an by loud IMHO? is this good or bad

he means that In My Humble Opinion (IMHO) they sound loud.

Dan

Martice
February 1st 2003, 17:54
:doh:
Oh..I see...i'll write that down :) thanks.

Your opinion counts allot to me Farmer, so did you liked the sound or not? :)

regards,

Farmer
February 1st 2003, 19:55
OOOPS ! I just noticed that it is the " Sebring STYLE" setup. - not the real stuff.
They are about as good/bad, depending on how you look at it, as a "monza" exhaust, which in my eyes arent worth the metal they were made of.:toilet:
Its cheap, yes. but you will be better off buying a good quality stock muffler. ´Way less sound and just as good or better for the engine.

For stock type, I really like the Leistritz and Ernst mufflers, as they have 1. much better fit, 2. better performance and fuel economy, and 3 less/better sound than almost all of the other aftermarket mufflers I have seen, including my own country´s JP muffler, which is even supposed to be factory supplier.
They are on the other hand also about twice as expensive. but quality costs you know.

If you want a sport type header and exh. on your 1600 stocker engine, the best you can do is to stay with the prooven US brands of a Sgl. Quiet, like Bugpack, S&S (I prefer those when I can get them, because of a little better material and ground clearance) or T-bird. The collector is also better on those.
Or simply buy the header and make your own muffler out of something from another car. The rear muffler from a Citroen BX 16 f.i. It has in & out in the same end, which allows you to install it on the side of the engine without too much tubing. (Perhaps along with an end tip silencer)
That is good for about 75 max 80 hp. And the sound and the level is good, + the engine repsonds well to it.

Martice
February 2nd 2003, 04:09
I'll buy a header and build my own muffler! this seems the best option for me right now...(I even have a Citroen Bx...but its not fi.. :) )

Thanks for the help!

regards,

Oliver Knuf
February 5th 2003, 05:16
It'S just something for the loud guys out there. I sell them only for the 1,2l engine, as there's no other sports exhaust system availabe here! It makes no sense, it's loud and it's cheap build, but the only one for 1,2l! If customers want an exhaust for their 1,2l "airpump", they'll get this one, as this is not restrictive, runs a "near":D-equal-length header and a loud muffler, that is through 1,2l not too loud. I would never recommend it on larger engines!

Martice
February 6th 2003, 14:22
Yes, its seems a bad idea after all...I do not know what would happen if we didn't had this boards to dicuss this things...I would probablly have spent all the money on bad quallity, nice looking parts...

THANKS!!

redhot
October 10th 2004, 16:47
http://www.feine-cabrios.de/zubehoer/index.html

the sebring exhaust in this link: any opinions?