PDA

View Full Version : What head work should I get done?

samcat
February 27th 2003, 10:33
First off
FULL ENGINE SPEC (as far as I know):

Stock 2-litre crank and rods. Crank balanced with 914 flywheel and clutch. Flywheel lightened.
Rods balanced end to end and with each other.
Rods rebushed.
New Mahle 94mm barrels and pistons, pistons balanced in weight to each other.
Eurorace E-grind cam (280o Duration 435" Lift ) with hydraulic followers.
Bolt together rocker gear.
Stock oil pump.
Case machined by JMR along with the Porsche fan.
Stock T25 heads rebuilt with new guides valves. (37.5 intake x 33 exhaust - mm)
BAS 911 fan fitting kit.
BAS oil filler tube.
BAS Carb linkage
911 bottom pulley.
GT Mouldings fanshroud.

LA Performance J tubes and merge, custom made full flow stainless silencer system after the single triangular flange.

Weber 40 IDF's with 32mm chokes. - SOON TO BE DELLORTO DRLA 40's.

Mallory Unilite optical with vaccum dizzy. 24oMax advance on centrifugal, pair of grey springs, 10o initial. Vac not in use.
MSD 6AL ignition system, rev limiter set at 6000rpm.
MSD Blaster 2 coil (with MSD coil bracket).
MOROSO BLue Max ignition leads, tailor made to the exact correct lengths.

Gearbox is a 911/01 5 speed transmission From a 1970 911.

I also have a spare set of T25 heads which I am planning on getting rebuilt. Must be T25 heads as thats what my exhaust needs (rectangular ports). The seats will all be replaced but what other work should I get done to them?
What size ports (inlet and exhaust)?
What Rocker gear?
What else??? (port and fluff? port and polish?)

Car is daily driven to and from work, and gets blasted up the motorway once or twice a week (to keep the mayonaise in the oil down to a minimum).
She will eventually be supercharged, but I will get the heads that are coming off rebuilt for that purpose. What C/R could/should I aim for?

Cheers for now,
Sam C

vujade
February 27th 2003, 11:15
I would recommend that you change the valve to 42 x 36 (that is what the 2.0 914 used) It should work very well with your enginge. Plus a 3 angle valve job & mild port & polish should do the trick.

kdanie
February 28th 2003, 18:00
Get some 1.7L rockers with the small stem adjusters and some 911 swivel foot adjusters to go with them, throw in some solid rocker spacers from a Hyd engine or Fat (or build your own).

Definately port your intake and exhaust, it's not that hard. Check out Standard Abrasives website for some generic info on porting heads. Your exhaust ports should match your header. Intake should match your manifolds. My 1.8L heads had a nice flat "step" hiding behind the valve guide, I removed it to look like a 2.0L 914 head exhaust. do your porting before guides and final valve job.
ken