PDA

View Full Version : Throwoutbearing/preasure plate question

Cyrus2Dope
February 27th 2003, 13:53
I have a 1968 bug tranny in my bus, so there is no guide sleeve for the throwout bearing, and i keep hearing that preasure plates for a 210mm flywheel dont have those little plates on them to mate with the bearing, any suggestions? what can i do and keep this tranny?? thanks

Oliver Knuf
February 28th 2003, 04:49
You can use the pressure ring of a KEP plate to modify your pressure plate (be careful, the KEP ring is hardened and it works itself into the spring of the plate, if it's not hard enough)! Otherwise, there are 210mm plates on the market, that have a pressure ring, we stock those units!

Cyrus2Dope
March 2nd 2003, 19:20
I was informed about a special seal that takes place of the oil seal between the mainshaft and tranny, now i was told that there is a magical little seal out there that has a built in guidence sleeve for a throwout bearing, so that people like myself can use earlyer trannys, and not have to worry about modifieing a pressure plate. has any one ever heard of these special seal/sleeves and does any body know where i could get ahold of one?? thanks

Massive Type IV
March 3rd 2003, 00:58
I use this seal adaptor all the time, it works well, you need a 1971 TI cross haft(71 only) and the matching release bearing. no sweat!

Cyrus2Dope
March 3rd 2003, 23:20
you wouldnt know of any good places that i could order that adapter seal would you?? and how do they work, is there any reinforcing recomended? thanks alot

Massive Type IV
March 3rd 2003, 23:23
I think aircooled.net sales them. They work flawlessly.

Cyrus2Dope
March 4th 2003, 22:51
hey i just checked out aircooled.net, yes they do have one, thanks allot for the tip.