PDA

View Full Version : We're gettin' more stuff!

yetibone
March 1st 2003, 09:59
I'm so happy I could explode! I found an auction on Ebay for a 901 transmission. (I know, wrong forum, but it gets to the topic)
I inquired on the status of the diff/ring gear, 'cause the seller said it was from a 914. Well, the auction ended before he could get back to me with an answer. :(

So he sends me an email, and said that the ring gear is still on the back side of the pinion, and would need to be flipped for a TypeI. He has the proper front housing, "hockey stick", and shifter assembly so it can go into a TypeI. He also said there is an ENGINE that mates to this transaxle. A 2.0 TypeIV from an '80 914, with an upright cooling shroud, and ANOTHER engine, from an '83 Vanagon, with a hydraulic cam, FI, and air conditioning, AND another complete FI system that I assume is stock Bosch D Jetronic, AND two more sets of cooling tins for 914's, AND wheels for a Thing, with tires (they'll fit my '66 Sedan), and brake drums, and rotors, and parts and pieces, and stuff, and things, and doo-dads! We talked by phone, and set up a time at the end of March that I could drive to his place which is about 4 hours from me, in Virginia, drop a small quantity of cash, and pick it all up.:D

Somebody pinch me!!!

Yetibone
(the must-be-dreaming)