PDA

View Full Version : Question about car shows, and non-VW engines

BeetleTwinTurbo
March 20th 2003, 00:22
If I decide to put a rotary turbo engine in my bug, can I still enter beetle car shows, and other aircooled car shows, since the rotary is "Water Cooled"

I mean, its still an "Air-Cooled" car, just using a different means of propultion(sp?)

well, anyways, I dont see why not, but then again, it would fall in more of like a "custom" class i guess.

Superman
March 20th 2003, 00:35
I have a watercooled GTI motor in my Super but don't show it (I show my Jetta). There is a class called "special interest" and our cars would fall into the category.

vujade
March 20th 2003, 02:22
I dont see why you couldnt enter shows.
it just wouldnt be in any vintage classes Im sure ;)

NYBugman1972
March 20th 2003, 18:27
Some shows have "custom" classes, which is an anything goes class. Sometimes, they're spit into standard and super.

Shadowbug
March 23rd 2003, 01:52
the rotary engine is about the same size as a vw case, I'd just mock up the tin so the rotary looks like a type 1.

VRSICK
March 23rd 2003, 17:58
the rotary engine is about the same size as a vw case, I'd just mock up the tin so the rotary looks like a type 1.

Yea, cept I wanna do a turbo engine, and make it look nice.

One good part of putting a rotary turbo in my car that I thought of today, is that I could more than likely enter other car shows too, even non-VW related.....

but then again, the judges all look for the same thing at those shows, the more clear lights, the taller the spoiler, the more chance you have of winning!!

I was wondering, If I do get accepted to a VW car show to compete, I probably would not be allowed to compete in the drag racing tounaments.....

what are you're thoughts on that?