PDA

View Full Version : 911 2.4 heads to type IV ?

Jim Andritsakos
August 18th 2002, 15:44
Hello Guys,

I was have heads with cams, covers, housing etc and I am wonder if I can put them in a type IV engine ??
I has see 2 cars with a similar setup one is turbocharged too but it uses 964 3.6 heas...What do you think ???

Don't think about it...Post your reply NOW!

Oliver Knuf
August 19th 2002, 11:17
Try it, why not? The bolt pattern seems to be very similar to the Type 1, so take a look before which case you want to use and with which cylinders you want to drive it.

Michael Ghia
August 23rd 2002, 02:43
2 ways to physciallt bolt the heads on, either change the PCD of the studs in the heads (weld them up and redrill holes) or change the PCD of the studs in the block (either with adaptor block or redrilling the case).
Once they're on, you'll need to have a set of camshafts made up by someone and work out if you're going to use chains or cambelts to drive them.
Then work out oil feeds to the heads and cam box assemblies, obviously one off manifolds and exhaust systems would be needed.. erm which bottom end would you use? The T1 case wouldn't really be up to the job unless you use a new ally case. Russ Fellows has done this on a T4 block and turbo'd it.
Go to http://www.centralvwaudi.com/About.htm to see pics of it on the rolling road.
It makes over 300hp and is Turbo'd.

MG