PDA

View Full Version : Porsche fan shroud

blue4400
August 23rd 2002, 15:00
Does anyone have any info on a porsche fan shroud cooling systems for a type1. I would really like to have a system like that for my bug, but they are very expensive. Is there anyway of making one, or anyone have a used one??

Oliver Knuf
August 24th 2002, 06:11
Where the hell is Hiahleah???

Get your system from aircooled.net if your inside of the US, if your nearer to Europe or from Asia (don't know, where Hiahleah is :-)), contact my father's shop. We sell them to aircooled, they are ok!

Sandeep
August 24th 2002, 12:46
Sorry to butt in but since we're on the topic of cooling....does anyone have any comments on the DTM kit from Oregon Performance Products ? Fit, finish..ease of installation....?

thanks

Sandeep

blue4400
August 24th 2002, 18:14
FYI: Hialeah is in Miami, FL

mr.cookiecutter
August 25th 2002, 04:49
There is an easier and cheaper path to having a porsche fan cooling in your type 1. my friends Nonie & Benjie fabricated a neat fiberglass shroud and a base plate for the fan. actually the most expensive part is the fan itself. well, the one shown in the picture is a friend, Wilson's car his total expense amounted to 30,000 pesos all in all so thats roughly 600$, much cheaper than the one's sold abroad. ;) . so if you want to go to a cheaper route try what we've done. Good Luck. Oh by the way, we're set to install on my car a 5 blade setup. :D

blue4400
August 26th 2002, 11:51
Do you have any detailed picture of your friends set-up, how he built it? Cause I can get must of the parts need.

mr.cookiecutter
August 26th 2002, 18:51
I'll tell him to take a picture of his engine a detailed one then I'll post it here.:D

Oliver Knuf
August 29th 2002, 04:06
You can get the same. find a old Porsche fan with ring and alt, machine the outside diameter to 255-260mm (depending on the system, you want to build-in) and then just buy the ring stand with strap to mount the fan straight and a glassfiber housing. A pulley buy depends on the diameter of the Porsche fan pulley and the other parts can all be available single through different dealers. Then it's mostly cheaper, BUT only in the case, that you don't have to rebuild the alt, if you need to, it will be more expensive!