PDA

View Full Version : Finished my header!!

kdanie
September 30th 2002, 16:24
I finally got my exhaust header finished, it's at the coaters now for the ceramic finish. I learned to TIG weld about 5 minutes before I started welding the tubes up, neat stuff. I'll post a picture of the coated header soon. Fabricating a header is not as difficult as most people make it sound and you can build it to suit your engine configuration and target RPM range. My header is 42" primarys (from valve head to collector), I was able to get the pipes all within .5" of the desired length. The header pipes are actually 36.5" long, the stub pipe to valve head are 5.5". My collector/tail pipe will 45" long and pass between the engine and apron, into a Hooker Aerochamber muffler tucked up behind the drivers side wheel.
I would love to attach a picture but the file size is too big, any guidance on how to make it attachable is appreciated.
ken

zen
September 30th 2002, 16:58
kdanie,

you can zip the image and that may make it small enough. if not, email it to me (zenhardy@charter.net) and i will work with it to get it to the right size or host it to where you can link to it.

Sandeep
September 30th 2002, 18:17
Kdanie,

As an alternative, I could host it in the engine gallery. If you would like me to do this, please email me (ssyan@digitalminds.ca)the image with a description so I can add it to the database.

Sandeep

kdanie
September 30th 2002, 19:18
Sandeep,
Picture is on the way, I will send another when the coating is finished.
thanks,
ken

Sandeep
September 30th 2002, 20:31
Pic has been uploaded to the engine gallery !

Sandeep