PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger...

samcat
October 2nd 2002, 07:55
Going to post a cheque tonight for my new toy...

Eaton M45 blower...

She will be going onto my bug sometime, after I have sorted out EFI. Much like Moggy's setup...

Anyone know that manifolds I should be using (for the EFI to start with, then adding the blower), Throttle body etc etc?

Cya,
Sam C

kdanie
October 2nd 2002, 18:19
Sam, I don't think there is a manufactured manifold that would be usefull. I think you will have to build one from scratch. I would love to put an Eaton on my type4 with an intercooler and efi..... Maybe in it's next incarnation.
ken

samcat
October 3rd 2002, 07:05
I know there's gonna be LOTS of fabrication to do, just wondering what manifolds which support FI are available for the T4 engine (T25 heads).

Cya,
Sam C

Oliver Knuf
October 5th 2002, 09:56
Only welded units from Germany, diameters vary, depending on the engine. Ask per mail for more information! Thx!

wallace lee
October 17th 2002, 22:07
sam,
not sure how supercharger works, but why not go for injection throttle bodies? those are readily avalable and you can use your existing manifolds.
I know you are using the IDF carbs, so you can get throttlbodies that bolt onto your existing manifolds.

Moog
October 18th 2002, 04:03
Wallace Lee - The supercharger is a positive displacement type and so must be used in pull-through mode, not blow through, so putting throttle bodies that on to his existing carb manifolds will not work.

Sam - Best thing is a single large throttle body on the inlet - any large one from a scrappy should do. If you are going to use a standard T4 injection manifold and plenum chamber then try and get a manifold off a 2-litre 914 - they were bigger bore than the 1.7 systems.

Moog

bren
October 18th 2002, 06:33
thought moggy used the same blower in blow-through configuration??

Moog
October 18th 2002, 08:01
Moggy's was blow through to start, but he found that it was an "all or nothing" machine, which it would be - as soon as you crack open the throttles even just a little bit then the blower pumps the full mass of air through the engine. His system is now a pull through and works a treat by all accounts.

bren
October 18th 2002, 10:15
i see! makes sense.. is that why it was getting such poor times on the track considering its spec last year?

MdR
October 25th 2002, 10:17
Sam
If you are looking for a 2litre 914/4 inlet tract then I've got one for sale.
Gotta big single throttle body raided from Moog's garage too....
Martin