PDA

View Full Version : Porsche Fan 5 &11 blade setup with A/C

mr.cookiecutter
October 19th 2002, 11:57
After painstakingly working and waiting for my Porsche fan setup, It's Done! Man!, can you believe that my 5 blade setup took around 2 weeks to finish, and my friend's 11 blade setup took 1 week! but , we're very happy with the result. Having an A/C unit is a necessity here in the Philippines coz its hot. :D. anyway, I spent around 25,000 pesos for the setup, which is roughly 500$ all in, and it was a very good modification for the engine coz I feel it is running cooler. Many of the Volkswagen enthusiast here told us it was impossible to have a Porsche fan setup here.... :D WE PROVED THEM WRONG! Thanks to THE "GERMANLOOK" team for inspiration me and my friend could enjoy a wonderful PORSCHE FAN SETUP!

randyj
October 21st 2002, 20:58
mr.cookiecutter,

Very nice setup! I would be intersted to know where you got the bracket for the A/C compressor.

Randy

wallace lee
October 22nd 2002, 02:06
randyj,
I believe the bracket is actually custom made. Over here in the Asia region, this is a very common modification,almost in every Bug, as it is too HOT to drive without air conditioning.
in my country the bracket is not usually 1 size fits all, it needs to be made to suit the engine, stock,twin carbs,Porsche cooling,stock cooling etc....

mr.cookiecutter
October 22nd 2002, 09:52
hi randy!, the aircon bracket is custom made Yes! but... back here in Manila, we usually make lots of them and they virtually fit all type 1 based engine, even a pancake one for that matter. My friend Jimmy Galvez makes all the a/c setup for almost all the vw's here in Metro Manila:D I've posted a pic of another engine with an a/c but with a stock doghouse. the one I think you will need to modify a little is the engine breast plate it is needed to be cut in order to fit the bracket. :) but with the bracket, I'm sure we could do something about it.

Flintstones
October 24th 2002, 08:44
Hi

I'm curious to find out where you have put the condensor and fan
Any pics?
Great conversion!
Cheers

mr.cookiecutter
October 24th 2002, 09:15
Actually there are 2 options for the condenser.. 1 is to put it in the front, but the set back there is you cannot have that space for the spare tire. another option which is the better one is to put it over the transmission,there is a space there which you can put the condenser. I'll post pics soon. :)

Flintstones
October 25th 2002, 00:28
I'm placing the Condensor over the trans as well. I have made more room by raising the floor section to accomodate it. My second option was to place 2 smaller condensors in the rear guards (one in each guard/wing/fender). Pics would be great.
Cheers