PDA

View Full Version : new engine????

ShApE
October 20th 2002, 19:43
ive been thinkin about it but what is a good kind i know of bergmann wich is kinda pricey!and i know of gex wich i have heard some people don't like them that much. any suggestions???????? :confused:

ShApE
October 20th 2002, 21:46
i forgot to mention i want it to be as fast as i can get it but still a good daily driver.....any suggestions??

vujade
October 21st 2002, 00:20
everything Ive ever heard people say about Gex or Bergmann was no way!

I would go with aircooled.net if you are going type 1 & give Aircooled Technology a call if you are going type 4.

If you are looking for a power & realiability go TYPE 4.
A 2270 Type 4 will last way longer then 2 liter type 1 and make 150-160 HP! If you dont think thats alot, youve never ridden in al 150 HP bug before, it will snap your neck back in your seat.

vdubyah73
November 7th 2002, 20:09
I have a Bergmann longblock 2275 He builds them mild not wild My engine has 44idfs ,1 1/2 kymco heater box exhaust,pulls strong to 5000rpm with a 110 cam and I can just keep tinkering with it and getting my hands greasy. This winter I'm going to have the heads ported +polished and maybe upgrade the cam to a 120 or bigger. I put 7000k on it this summer no problems once I got the jets near right. If I do this stuff this winter I'll have to put it on the dyno to see what I have. I think its more fun this way because I learn as I go and I'll know the workings of a hipo type 1 when I'm done. Good luck vdubyah73

lightning bug
November 7th 2002, 21:21
I've seen some of Bergman's engines and a GEX trans. The engines were brought to my friends shop to be rebuilt because the engines failed in only a few hundred to no more than a few thousand miles. Another friend of mine has a GEX trans that is stuck in second and was only in his bus for a week. No it wasn't driven hard. Don't let the pretty colors and flashy ads fool you. You're basically buying assembly line parts. My opinion is for you to find a builder you can work close with and you can trust. By the way neither Bergman nor GEX wanted to help these people to resolve these problems. So find someone who will stand behind their product also.

TitoRay
November 8th 2002, 16:12
I agree with Vujade. If you want a lot of power and be able to drive it daily, a TYPE 4 from Aircooled Technology would suit you best. This is assuming that you want a turnkey engine...
And if you haven't already, you HAVE to check www.aircooledtechnology.com. I am sure this will help you make your decision.;)