PDA

View Full Version : Vanagon header pipes

turbo6bar
October 22nd 2002, 21:39
Does anyone know who sells or fabricates the header pipes for Vanagon square port heads? I saw these in the "Engines" Gallery.

http://jubjub.mine.nu/derPorsche/vanagonheaders.jpg

I would prefer something with equal length setup. I saw some standard Type IV header pipes that were equal length (from cylinder head to flange was same length for all cylinders). They are also pictured in the "Engines" Gallery.

It would really speed my build time to have some of these header pipes.

Any leads appreciated.

jurgen

Alex
October 22nd 2002, 22:00
Remmele makes those.
I hear that this "cheap" exhaust is suppossed to be pretty good too. The muffler for it is stainless and it comes in different diameters for different engine specs.

Alex

turbo6bar
October 22nd 2002, 23:32
I hope by "cheap" you don't mean Remmelle Motorsports $3300US "cheap." ;)

I am actually looking for something to build upon for a turbo 2.0L type IV monster. Having equal length would be ideal, but not absolutely necessary.
jurg

Alex
October 23rd 2002, 04:57
I mean something way below the 1000$ US mark including the muffler. I might be wrong but I think the complete setup is about 600$ or so...but I am not quite sure.
I do not know how much the header pipes are by themself.

Alex

Massive Type IV
October 23rd 2002, 10:39
Tangerine racing is making them for me, and for aircooled.net
They are wonderful pieces of work, just like his exhaust.

Sandeep
October 23rd 2002, 11:55
Jake,

Will you be selling these pieces ? Would you be testing these in your exhaust shoot out ?

As you may know, I'm looking for an exhaust to get my project running for March 2003, and something like this would be on my list.

How would an item like this work on a 914 2.0 into '74 Beetle ? With future use on a JR 2270 'D' or 'E' engine. I'm assuming it would go from this attachment to a header/muffler combination.

Does this sound right or should I be looking at a complete system (one piece header and muffler) ?

I'm just looking for information right now so any info you can provide would be great. I'm trying to work out the logistics for my Georgia visit with my Bro.... We want to be in Disney world for New Years Eve, and I still have to make time to come and see your shop (and maybe pick up an exhaust !)

Thanks

Sandeep

vujade
October 23rd 2002, 12:10
Sandeep, when you come to Florida we should hook up, I only live about an hour from Disney...

Massive Type IV
October 23rd 2002, 12:12
Send me an email, before we get in trouble.......again!

55rag
October 25th 2002, 22:25
Are these made with round ports also? I'm also looking for a decent but not super expensive exhaust for my interim 1.8l engine. How much will these cost?

Thanks for the info, Jason

Oliver Knuf
October 28th 2002, 09:18
The complete exhaust, by means, the pictured "J"-tubes and a 140mm dia. muffler with two 63,5mm tips costs you 820,00 $ with awesome quality and very good sound. A 180mm muffler for bigger engines is also available, work with the same "J"-tubes, and then it costs 870,00 $. A version for the Type 1 is also ready to go, so the same muffler with J-tubes for the Type 1! Same prices, ah, yes, btw, all stainless steel handwork, and I mean excellent work! Delivery starts next week through us!

typ4boy
November 5th 2002, 22:58
try us we have been making t25 head j tubes for 5 years in short length for upright engines or stock length for stock cooling 1 3/4 bore £150 plus shipping regards Lee www.laperformance.co.uk

vujade
November 5th 2002, 23:42
Lee

glad to see you made it over here :)