PDA

View Full Version : full-flow oil system

havik180
November 13th 2002, 16:32
I was just curious as to the pros and cons of the "bolt on" style full-flow system (the pump cover w/ the inlet and outlet) vs having the cases machined ? Is either better than the other or are they pretty much the same ?! I was also curious where an external oil cooler can be mounted (safely and effectively) on a Super ?

Massive Type IV
November 13th 2002, 20:58
I don't like them at all, mostly due to machining problems and poor quality control....

They also put the filter directly in the flow of the hot air coming from the left cylinder bank...

They have way too many 90 degree turns inside them to keep flow up.....do it the right way or leave it stock.

Pillow
November 14th 2002, 00:00
I agree with Jake. Any decent motor should have the extra care taken to add a full flow system done right.

Oliver Knuf
November 14th 2002, 06:15
For an original or near stock engine it's a very nice bold-on item, as it's btw produced from Mocar for the Mexican beetles in 30mm with o-ring seal and high quality aluminum! For high performance, it's definitely not the best, as you also want to cool more and the hot air stream is not really senseful on the filter! Bore the case to get the inlet or use at least a pump with in- and outlet, even if the curves are pretty hard in such pump covers!