PDA

View Full Version : More work to be done....

Uber Affe
December 27th 2005, 21:25
Just dropped my car off at the shop.

He tells me theres a bad piston...ARRRRGH!
I got an exhaust leak...UUUURRRGH!
Oil Leak some where....ERRRRRGH!
He's gonna do the electrical which he talls me isn't too bad actually...aaah.

So...That leaves the window rubber on the doors and around the vent window..$90.00 a door!? ouch.
Also got a pair of mirrors to put on.
I'll be lucky if it's all under $500.00

Oh...and I still didn't add in the replacement of the front struts w/ my new struts...another $300.00+

LUCKY>

So close to $1,000.00 US

IS this a lot for these repairs or is it fair?

super vw
December 28th 2005, 01:59
Dosent sound to bad (around 1000 for all that work). but in reality, it's not to hard to do any of it yourself, that's IF you have the time and patience.
The window stuff is really easy.
But i guess it depends on how mechanical minded you are...

Uber Affe
December 28th 2005, 23:50
Time and tools are my biggest problems. That, and I live in an Apartment complex with no garage. The last Apt. I was at there was a big hooplah over me changing out my exhaust, alternator, carb and distributor in the parking lot in the 100+ degree Texas heat. Asphalt is a killer. I felt like an egg in a frying pan.

We are moving into a house (finally ) with a two car garage (all mine), but as you can imagine...money is a tight situation with a new house. We already decided we are changing a few things (backyard fence is just ugly) and I'm still attending school so that and a full time job fixing computers is draining all my time. Trying to get the car done and over with before Vacation is over is a priority since we can't share the Jetta alll the time and it is killing us in fuel costs to boot.

C'est la vie.