PDA

View Full Version : 1500cc to 1600cc=- Talkn' Carbs here

Spanish Flea
November 18th 2002, 11:32
I just rebuild my 1500 to a 1600 single port. Do I need up upgrade my Carb?

I'm using a 30Pict-1 on there now, and with a little lookie the 1600 uses is the same carb (30Pict-3) with a smaller jet.

As it is now. I get hesatation with no power in 3rd and 4th.

So my question is should I cange my carb, or could I just get a smaller jet and still use the carb I have.

Spanish Flea

TitoRay
November 18th 2002, 14:32
If you have hesitation or want power I suggest upgrading to dual carbs.

Spanish Flea
November 18th 2002, 14:57
I don't want to do this. I want the engine to look as stock as possible. So changes would have to be slight. And it not that I'm looking for "Power", when I shift into 3rd It acts like the engine is dying. no foward power, just lags.

TitoRay
November 18th 2002, 19:57
Oh, ok. I am not sure about the carb jets and such. Someone will surely help though. :)

Pillow
November 19th 2002, 14:13
I like the 30PICT-1 much better than the later -3.

Make sure the carb is clean and rebuilt well. Check for vacuum leaks.

What dizzy are you running? The stock vacuum can could be shot? Overall I like the stock single advance dizzy better than anything else on a SP 1600. Great drivability.

Good Luck,

Spanish Flea
November 19th 2002, 15:18
Originally posted by Pillow
I like the 30PICT-1 much better than the later -3.
Make sure the carb is clean and rebuilt well. Check for vacuum leaks.

I rebuilt it myself not to long ago. It could use another cleaning. I ran some bad gas before the rebuild of the block plus the tank had a lot of crud in it to.

What dizzy are you running? The stock vacuum can could be shot? Overall I like the stock single advance dizzy better than anything else on a SP 1600. Great drivability.

Good Luck,

Me too. It's a simpeler carb

I rebuilt it myself not to long ago. It could use another cleaning. I ran some bad gas before the rebuild of the block plus the tank had a lot of crud in it to.

I'm running a 009.

Spanish Flea

Pillow
November 19th 2002, 23:56
The secret is getting the passages blown out with compressed air. There is a lot of mystery garbage hidding in those passages :(

Later,

Spanish Flea
November 22nd 2002, 11:55
Well I rebuilt my carb last night and she is purrrrring like a kitten again. There was about 4mm of rust dust in the bottom of the carb bowl. :rolleyes:

Thanks everybody,

Spanish Flea