PDA

View Full Version : 2 liter 914 Motor For Sale On Ebay

vujade
November 20th 2002, 14:50
here is the link if anyone is interested
2.0 914 Motor (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872930407)

Pillow
November 20th 2002, 15:05
In a few weeks I will have a 914 1.7L longblock FS. I do not think it has tinware, but it is a relatively low mileage (6X,000) engine that needs a good home. Checked out by a mechanic when purchased from the owner who upgraded to a 2.0L.

First $500 takes it home. Should have the dome high compression pistons as well.

Consider it broken in with 140K miles left in it :)

vujade
November 20th 2002, 15:21
will be it a running longblock or will it need a rebuild?
will it have any carbs?

Pillow
November 20th 2002, 15:57
Runner. Should be a strong engine given the specs and mechanics report the owner has on it.

I am kind of brokering the sale for a guy... Long story.

I am not sure what tinware it has on it, but that is not really a problem if it is going upright conversion anyway.

I have some dual Solex VW carbs, 34PDSIT ones I could throw in with manifolds, but they need rebuilt (granted ran when removed for Dell 36s) and are not that great for a performance application. With the steal intakes you can bolt on baby Webers 34ICT or maybe Dells which are good carbs.

For an extra $150 I can throw in some dual Kadrons, but do not have T4 intakes or linkage. But you would/could have the T1 stuff with it, fairly useless stuff though on a T4.

Preferably some Weber 40s or Dell 36s would be the best. Talk to Matrice on this board he has all that stuff cheap. I need to look him up for some Dell 40s myself :)

Take Care,

vujade
November 20th 2002, 17:36
I have a set of dual Kadron 40's laying around (dont have type 4 manifolds though).... would prefer a set of dual 40 dells instead. :)

Pillow keep me in mind when you broker this sale, give me an email when you are ready. I might be ready by then myself.

Thanks
joe

Massive Type IV
November 20th 2002, 19:27
I have a 1.8 for 400 that runs great..

Pillow
November 21st 2002, 11:59
Hey Joe,

I should have it in a couple weeks. I can slap the Solexes on and let you hear it run or something like that. Also could check compression for you in all the cylinders (with a bump starter). Take some pics and that kind of thing.

I owe the guy a favor and that is why I am selling it for him. Not getting a fat back pocket or anything like that.

Take Care,

vujade
November 21st 2002, 12:31
Pillow...that would be great