PDA

View Full Version : ignition

John
November 29th 2002, 10:20
Have a questiion on ignition. I built one of Jakes 2270 type 4's I am running a bosh 09 with pointless points and can't keep the timing set right. Was wondering what the suggested ignition is for my type of engine.:takethat:

Tom Perso
November 29th 2002, 10:43
Mallory,

I've had the 009 and the 050 and the Mallory. Yes, the Mallory is expensive, and it will make you cringe to order it (maybe it's just me), but it is the best money you will ever spend.

When I got mine in the mail and started looking at it, I said "Why didn't I just buy this in the first place??"

You set the timing and the timing light is ROCK solid, no jumping or going back and forth.

I have the Unilite with the vac advance, it works really well, plus the vac. advance is a nice thing to have.

Later,
Tom

John
November 29th 2002, 10:47
Tom what problems did you have when you were running the Bosh?

Massive Type IV
November 29th 2002, 13:00
Mallory without a doubt..I have one in all 4 of my driver cars, AWESOME. I have the advance curve that you need for that engine as well, it adds gobs of power down low!

Tom Perso
November 29th 2002, 13:18
John,

No problems with either Bosch distributors, they all worked as expected. The Mallory just works that much better.

later,
Tom

John
November 29th 2002, 13:32
wow thanks guys. Can you give me the model number and any options i need to add?