PDA

View Full Version : European type 4 shrouds

paul_f
December 1st 2002, 19:59
I am going to build a 2 litre type 4 for my 66 bus, with bigger valve heads, slightly upped CR, and a mild cam.

I need to decide what shroud I should use, I would like a DTM, but there seems to be a problem getting them, and getting it to the UK would be even worse I would of thought.

Can anyone recommend another shroud that is available in Europe and would work well?

Thanks
Paul

Oliver Knuf
December 3rd 2002, 06:37
As you want to build a mild Type 4, I would prefer the Type 1 conversion for the engine, as it's easy to build-on and working very well on a mild engine.
Other combinations are available through us (Power Tuning Parts, ask in my forum), through Ahnendorp, Custom & Speed Parts, Wilke, Kummetat, Klaus, MSS, Weiser and a lot of others. You have to machine the case for all the available fan conversions from Germany. The Type 1 conversion is also available through us.

Oliver Knuf
December 3rd 2002, 06:49
Take a look on a conversion we did a few times, it's a 2l Type 4 with 41 by 34 heads, 8,6:1 c/r, Eurorace H-cam (284°) and 116BHP with a shortened original muffler on equal-length tubes! That is combined with 40mm Webers, a 30HP-Style shroud, original Type 1 pulleys and a central air cleaner to get the engine quiet! The rest is mostly common.

typ4boy
December 3rd 2002, 16:02
try us dude and we are in the uk regards Lee www.laperformance.co.uk

eddie71sbT4_2.6
December 6th 2002, 02:57
Hi Oliver. Just wondering what kind of success have you had using cams from Eurorace. Jake is loyal to Webcam. The reason I'm asking is because I'll be using their E grind with Johnson lifters in my 2.6 ltr.(44x38 valves).

I can go to LA and purchase those cams in person. They are fairly priced in the States. Because they do all my machine work, is the reason I bought my camshaft and lifters from them. I have had good experiences from that company.

Thanks,

Eddie.

Oliver Knuf
December 6th 2002, 12:53
I use Pauter, Eurorace, Webcam and even CB cams, but Euroraces variety is prooved for decades. They work, but the profile quality isn't the best! If you build mild to moderate engines, Eurorace is a good choice imo, but if you want the best quality, Webcam is my favourate as they have nearly as good machined profiles as German manufacturers!

My favourate is the H-cam, best success in all 1,9-2,1l T4 engines.