PDA

View Full Version : Sharpbuilt VW Shroud pricing

zen
December 6th 2002, 17:54
anyone have pricing on the Sharpbuilt VW Shroud kit? it is the one that uses the T1 shroud. so the kit has cylinder tins, alt stand with integrated oil filler, sealing tin, oil cooler adapter, etc...

no pricing on their website. i have an email in to them, but thought i would check with you guys too. also, feedback if you are using the kit.

zen
December 6th 2002, 18:07
no sooner did i hit submit on this than Mike sent me a price list. the planets are slightly misaligned.

Pillow
December 6th 2002, 18:09
So what are they? Holding out on us man! ;) I am just curious as well.

zen
December 6th 2002, 18:17
guess i got a little too excited to go over and see. here is the current pricing (this is the disclaimer piece, as i assume this is why he doesn't post it on his site) as he has given it to me:

6 piece cylinder covers (fiberglass)
Alternator stand with oil fill tube and breather.
Crank pulley, billet alloy
Engine remote oil cooler bracket (Empi)
Remote oil cooler bracket (Sharpbuilt)
Dip stick bracket and tube.
Fuel pump block off plate.
Hardware and fitting instructions. $335USD

WITH
4 piece engine bay seal tin. $425

SHIPPING AIRMAIL $75

Oil cooler supports and fanshroud extension pieces $ 20
Type IV oil cooler cover and ducting $ 75
Pilot bush (mates type IV flywheel to input shaft press in no machine) $ 12
Stainless oil lines and fittings $ 95
Used fanshroud reprofiled and with oil line holes (unpainted) $ 68

so the kit, plus sealing, plus his top shroud is about $580 delivered to your door. a little more than i had hoped. but a very nice design from what i can tell. haven't heard much on the cooling factor on this one. for the money i would rather be in a DTM. but....

Pillow
December 6th 2002, 18:22
You can easily pick and choose some of that stuff as well. So I would add up what you have to get from Sharpbuilt and then do a separate list of what you can get locally and see if the price changes at all or by much.

Not sure if that is much help, but could lower the cost. Then again a complete kit goes a long way :)