PDA

View Full Version : THE TURBO KIT (Bum Bum Bummmmm)

BigPhattyVW
December 7th 2002, 19:10
Hello everyone from the Nordic Empress!

Who has Turbo City's vw turbocharging kit? What I am looking for is any info that anybody has got about it. Whether the like it, dislike it, anything. I want to here as many opinions about this toy as you got!!! Its seems to me like a great thing to get for a bug, what do you people think?

Thanks for your info!

Clint:toilet: (this smily is pretty cool!)

TitoRay
December 7th 2002, 21:43
I don't have one but in a recent issue of VW Trends, they installed one one a stock 1600cc beetle engine. Then, they couldn't stop talking about how great it was. They indicated that it was relatively easy to install, doubled the horsepower, and made the car fun as hell to drive. I sure wish I had one...;)

BigPhattyVW
December 9th 2002, 17:16
Yeah thats the issue that got my interest into the kit. Now I am looking for other opinions on it. Basically any annoying things that happen, or dont happen with it, and weather its worth the $2000. VW Trends made a very good sales pitch for it, now I want to here what everyone else thinks!

Thanks

Clint

lightning bug
December 10th 2002, 00:35
I'm not familiar with the kit but you should match a turbo to your engine specs. Some turbos are more efficient than others at different RPM ranges, boost pressures, is it intercooled?, street driven or race etc. All things to consider before buying. Efficiency is everything.

super vw
December 10th 2002, 01:10
im also interested in some feedback on either the "turbo city" or the AJ slims low budget kit.:silly:

BigPhattyVW
December 10th 2002, 18:25
Yeah Ive only heard about the Turbo City Kit. Whats up with the AJ Slims low budget kit?

vujade
December 10th 2002, 18:43
here ya go

Lo Bugget (http://lowbugget.com/1600t.html)

super vw
December 11th 2002, 00:45
the AJ-slims kit to me looks a little better becuase its ceramic coated (i think)