PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injection?

vwman1
August 10th 2002, 00:29
Any body on this forum have any experience with Electronic Fuel Injection. I know there is a fuel injection web site @ shop talk forums, but I would appreciate any insight here!

danielzink
August 10th 2002, 18:14
I'm running a 2613 type4 with CB Fuel Injection, a full MSD system and a J&S knock sensor.

I'd be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Dan

Oliver Knuf
August 13th 2002, 11:44
I'm running the CB Injection on a 82,9mm x 96mm Type 4, too... So I can help you a bit, too.

The Weber Alpha injection system is common here and I have a few customers running self-made systems or the Weber units.

vwman1
August 13th 2002, 22:37
What Cams are you running? Do you like your CB system? Most guys over here in the states seem to run Haltech. Comments? Not trying to start a flame war here, the biggest thing I here over here about CB is that it is a non-programable FI system. Thanks

Oliver Knuf
August 14th 2002, 04:53
Even the CB system is programmable, like all injection systems on all original cars that are readable through modern software. CB uses a common GM blackbox, no problem to check in there and regulate the signals (for me it was a prob, but not for my chip-tuner). The halltech is done for programming, so there's the difference. The CB is a Bolt-On tuning item, done for the standard customer.

danielzink
August 14th 2002, 08:05
I'm running a WebCam 163/86B clearanced for the 78 stroke.

I've been very happy with the CB system - I don't find a a real need to do much tweaking......The box can be monitored with software that's currently available here in the states (Diacom etc.)
My major complaint is that cold startup can be a little "grouchy" but that's about it.

Dan

lightning bug
August 14th 2002, 20:40
I'm also running EFI. SDS engine management. Programmable with their own programmer so its always in the car with you. Very compact. No need for a laptop. Ignition control also. Simple install. 3 sensors. www.sdsefi.com I got mine cheaper from my builder. If you're interested, let me know. Also I'm running an Engle 130/120 Turbo cam. Good luck!

stkmtr
August 16th 2002, 09:06
If you check out www.dune-buggy.com you will find some good Do it your self info. The controller they use is for buggies but in most states would be OK-or it could be switched out for any FI controller. The only part of these instructions I don't agree with is the use of A/V gas-SS So broke I can't even pay attention