PDA

View Full Version : dellorto 40 float setting ?

njv
December 18th 2002, 13:24
hello.
what have people got dell 40 floats set at ?

i set mine today as per the dellorto tech book and i think it is giving me trouble now (i changed my venturies too see my other post).

what are peoples thoughts on the recomentation to remove the tab that governes float drop .

what is the method to correctly check my fuel pressure is it with a gauge at the output side of the line from my mechanical pump and just turn the engine over and see what the gauge reads or

do i tee into the fuel line and check pressure with the engine running (it will read less now surely?)

what is the perfect pressure for dellorto.

most stuff ive read here and stf allways relates to how fussy webers are about float level and pressure issues .

i dont trust the cb book for the jetting advice it gives why should i trust there float recomendations!

i have a good feeling about these new vents i just need to get my fueling sortyed out me thinks .

hopefully others can benifit from any dellorto specific info posted here and to those of you with webers out there im sorry to bore you ...

i found a tame engineering shop in the next town up the road everybody needs a tame engineer now and then.